Fast Days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by donnarteacher@hotmail.com
    on

When doing the 5:2 BSD, are the 800 cal days, supposed to be 2 consecutive days in a row?
    Thanks!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

No they can be any 2 days in 7. You decide what suits you and your lifestyle. If you are on an 800 fast you might want to do it when you have no plans i.e. going out or even when you are at work when you are not thinking about food. It is up to you.

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Aren’t fast days 500 calories? I’m pretty sure it’s (any) 2 days out of seven eating only 500 calories, but no counting, just eating healthily, on the other 5. I came across this thread while trying to check.
    The 800 is for every day (for up to 8 weeks). 500 is too low to do for more than a couple of days at a time, hence the 5:2.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, please.

• posted by FlyZaknAmiera
    on

It used to be 500 for women, 600 for men, but only 12 hours fast. Now it has been amended to 800 calories, but the fast has been extended to 14 hours, either before or after the fast day, and only 2 meals on the fast days. The days can be consecutive or separated. You can still do the old way if it suits you better.

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Thanks for the update. 🙂
    I’m still trying to find what suits me best, but I’ve habitually ‘fasted’ for 12 to 14 hours for years, as I only get round to having breakfast by late morning. That wasn’t combined with calorie counting until this summer though.

Please log in or register to post a reply.