Fast 800 Shakes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BSDgirl
    on

Hi everyone,

I’m really struggling with motivation at the moment and with the run down to Christmas I want to be really good so I can relax a little over the festive period.

With that in mind I’m thinking of buying some of the fast 800 shakes to keep me on the straight and narrow when I need.

Has anyone tried the shakes and recommend any flavours? Thanks!

• posted by yorkshirelass
    on

I have tried the Strawberry one, but found them overbearingly sweet, especially with cutting sugar and carbs already. Not wanting to waste the £20+ I’d spent I use less powder 3 instead of 5. On the website for these shakes are other ideas for using them with other ingredients.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’ve used them, and quite like them. My preference is by far the vanilla one and i add some smashed frozen berries to it…this improves the texture and gives a bit of something crunchy to keep it interesting.

• posted by Handles
    on

I have the Strawberry one and like the flavor but I find the grainy texture off putting (reminds me of sawdust). Has anyone tried the mushroom soup yet? is the texture the same?

• posted by 63Elaine
    on

How did you get on BSDgirl?
    I use the shakes. I just find it less hassle. If I feel like cooking, I’ll make a tomato, pepper and celery soup with lots of curry and chilli powder…
    The easiest ones to get is the slimfast and I like vanilla or blissful banana…I do think the Carbohydrate values are high, so I’m always on the look out for others. I recently, came across Tescos ultraslim replacement meal…less calories and less carbs….I chose a chocolate this time to supplement the others, because I love chocolate…
    I lost a stone in 2 weeks…getting ready for the next 2…

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m not a huge fan of shakes but do use purition shakes (lots of other makes are available! occasionally. They fit well with protein, fibre, calories and carbs. They do come in large packs but also, very handily, in 40g portion sachets so you can try lots of flavours before committing to a large bag. My favourite is coconut but I’m also fond of the vanilla which I usually add a few fresh berries too. I use almond milk as well if I have it.

• posted by BSDgirl
    on

Thanks 63elaine and Verano, I didn’t end up buying any because I tried to focus on quick means but I have since followed your suggestion and bought some of the 40g packs from Purition. Will see how I get on with them, I think it will be more for a last resort rather than a first choice but with life getting busy again I feel like I need a plan b!

• posted by Simon36
    on

I love the chocolate one, absolutely love it! I’ve just taken delivery of strawberry and vanilla but won’t be trying those till tomorrow at least. Will report back!

• posted by Simon36
    on

Vanilla one is nice, not quite as flavoursome as the chocolate, a little weaker, but still taste good. Trying the strawberry tomorrow.

Please log in or register to post a reply.