Fast 800 for 16:4 TRE

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DaniM83
    on

Hi, does anyone have experience with this and exercise.
    I will be restricting my eating to 12pm to 8pm but my workouts are 5:45am.. can I have a protein shake immediately after a workout then not eat until midday.
    How do I get around this?
    I don’t want to change my training times as this works for me at this point.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi DaniM83. Most people here continue with their normal exercise routine after the first couple of weeks getting used to the lower calories. I am not quite sure whether you normally eat before your 5.45 am exercise (are you mad!!!!) but you still can if you want to count it as a snack. I have never done an intermittent fast as I am diabetic and would fall over? What I have found is that I have had to adjust my exercise so they occur half an hour or so after eating. So I exercise around 1 hour after breakfast or one hour after lunch. As you are not diabetic and will not be suffering from hypoglycaemia to a dangerous level, you can still continue as usual.

The main thing is to remember, you cannot add extra calories to compensate for exercise. You have to make your exercise work around the diet. Your body will get rid of the low calories.

• posted by Squidge
    on

You could have the shake – you just won’t get the benefits of fasting the days you do that.

Please log in or register to post a reply.