Fast 800 and me. 56 days to change.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zoya
    on

Day 1 of 56
    Weight 10st 11lbs

Feeling mentally challenged and cannot stop thinking about what to eat. Haa.
    Maybe starting the day by jotting down how I feel will help. Let’s see and here goes.
    I am not Diabetic however I do and have gained much weight over the years especially around my waist. Diabetes is rampant in my family and I want to do something to help give myself a better chance of not getting it. But more than this, I would like to explore different foods and have a better relationship with it.
    What I do have is; psoriasis, acne and extra weight.
    I want to see if I can focus enough to stick to the Fast 800 way for 8 weeks. I just am not sure, but maybe I can. 82 days ago I gave up a 20+year smoking habit. Overnight. So I know I am capable, but can I actually stay committed to this?

Fast 800 – ok, 800 calories. 20g carbohydrates. NO bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. Hmm.
    Totally doable.

Totally D-O-A-B-L-E!

• posted by topcac
    on

You are right Zoya – it is totally doable. I weighed exactly what you do when I started and lost 15lbs in the first 8 weeks and went on to lose another 10lb over the following 8 weeks.

Not gonna lie – it’s hard the first few days. You may feel crap but you need to drink lots of water, be kind to yourself and tell yourself that you can do this. The crappiness is just your body withdrawing from carbs. You will feel better 🙂

Stick on the forum, post every day if you can and let us know how you are getting on!

TC

• posted by Theodora
    on

Zoya, if you can go cold turkey on tobacco, you can definitely manage to go cold turkey on refined carbs. Totally doable – keep logging and we will help to keep you on the straight and narrow. Loads of helpful and experienced people here, all only too happy to help. Good luck – and keep drinking the water.

• posted by Zoya
    on

DAY 4 of 56
    Weight 10st 11lbs

Not the greatest of starts. But not the worst either. At least I am not purging on food and saying tomorrow will be my new day 1! I have restarted countless challenges and diets, I want to stick to this one. I know that as much as I was watching what I ate over the weekend, I did not limit the fruit or carbs. I have such a sweet tooth at the moment and carbs are a constant test!!

Starting this week off with a positive attitude. Fasting, have a spin class booked after work and will then head home to eat my 600 calories low carb dinner. I need to start meal planning to be sure of my calorie intake, but for now, I am happy with today’s challenge.

Thank you Topcac and Theodora for your kind words and encouragement. Much appreciated!

Please log in or register to post a reply.