FANTASTIC WEEK ONE – STALLED WEEK 2 :(

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PhilippaSmart
    on

Hi everyone 🙂

I had a brilliant first week with a loss of 9 lbs then in the second week lost nothing at all! I’m used to losing up to 9lbs in the first week as I normally have a binge before starting and so much of it is fluid, so that’s maybe why I don’t sound excited!

I have about a stone to lose and already I’m starting to weaken as I’m disappointed that I’ve tried so hard with no loss in week 2 – it’s disheartening. I started week 3 yesterday and I’d be really grateful if any of you could tell me if you’ve had the same problem and what you did to resolve it?

Thank you so much in advance 🙂 x

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi PhilippaSmart,

9lbs is a great start!

For me it was week 3/4/5 ( nearly 3 weeks) that my weight loss stalled…just dug deep and kept on with the BSD, made sure I was eating enough fat, drinking enough water, and I increased the exercise a little..for me keeping the carbs (30g) low helped start the weight loss again. I have just finished first eight weeks and lost 31lbs…so it is worth sticking at it.

It’s early days and your body is still adjusting…you will lose.

• posted by Longteeball
    on

Just keep going. I had loads of plateuxs on the way which can be disheartening but its just the way the body reacts. I ended up losing over 2 stone over 10 weeks and now have maintained a healthy weight for over 5 weeks.
    Stick with it i cant tell you how much its worth it. Can be hard at times when socializing but after a while you end up not stressing about the odd day when you go over what you should. I just eat really well now 90% of the time which then allows me the odd blow out with some alcohol. I have completly lost my addiction to bread spuds pasta. Dont even think about having them anymore apart from the odd crust off daughters toast!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

And I’ve said this before here – don’t focus on the weight, MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!

What is your waistband like? Are belts looser, sleeves less tight? Have you got some clothes to judge by?

Weight can plateau, but the inches still come off – yes I know it’s odd, but sometimes it’s the internal visceral fat going, and suddenly your waist shrinks!

Don’t get disheartened, don’t get focused on just the pounds – look at the measurements.

It’s worked for me!

Good luck!

• posted by Frog
    on

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!
    end of month 1 – I’ve lost pretty much 2 inches everywhere on my torso – bust/waist/thighs
    – and 1/2 inch from each calf. I will be able to buy boots one day!!!

and my BMI is down by 2.5

• posted by PhilippaSmart
    on

Thanks everyone, your help has been invaluable. Thank you for keeping me going! Love ME X

• posted by rachbc
    on

I had the same in week 4 but upped my fluids and activity level and made double sure i was looking all my calories and so far this week lost 3 lb since monday

Please log in or register to post a reply.