Exercises

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi, I just had an unsuccessful attempt at a push up and a plank. Well I suppose I half did one. I think I am too heavy at 100kgs to do them. What do others think. Has anyone else embarked on the exercises in the bsd book? Love to hear your experiences.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Bigeater

I think the weight issue depends on how active you have been in the past. I started at 150KG and certainly push-ups were OK for me but I played a lot of rugby when I was younger and still carried a fair bit of muscle (under the flab). Planking has taken some time for me to get used to. I started on 5-10 seconds and after six months can now do five times 60 seconds.

For push-ups you could begin by starting on your knees or by leaning on the stairs to reduce the angle and just take it easy. Do the exercises slowly to build up the muscle mass.

Nice and easy and build up slowly. Good luck.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi JUlesMaigret,

Thanks for your reply, I guess I have never done a lot of that kind of exercise though I swim 1.5ks most days. You would think I would have some strength! but sadly no. Will follow your tips. Thanks for replying. Good luck on your journey too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.