exercise equipment

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shammy
    on

just read all three books v excited to get started exercising again , have been doing the diet for a couple of weeks and hoping to start the exercise regime -can anyone recommend a good pedometer and stopwatch, how does the fast ex app work?? thanks

• posted by 63Dragon
    on

Hi Shammy,
    Congrats on doing the BSD and starting to exercise. As for the pedometer/stopwatch and exercise app. What is your phone android or apple. Plus also what type of exercise are you looking at, cycling, running or weights? Exercising in a gym or outdoors? Fast ex or HIIT apps on smartphones prompt the user to run or cycle faster at given intervals such as every 2 minutes for 20-30 seconds. Hope some of this ramble is of assistance.. Andrew

• posted by shammy
    on

thanks for the info, did HIIT at gym before with their stopwatches etc not used smartphone app – will look into it, cheers

• posted by Angela06
    on

I am intending to register for the 1000 mile walk but need a step counter. I’m going to invest in a fitbit can someone more technically minded than me give me some recommendations please. I would like something basic, easy to understand and use…I hate fiddly buttons (got fat fingers!)

Thank you.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Lidl have a fitness selection at the moment in their specials, no pedometer I am afraid but resistance bands, skipping rope and foam rollers etc.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Angela, I use a Withings Go rather than a fitbit, it just looks like a watch with a round face, but the pedometer is permanent and you press the dial to get it to show a conventional watch face for the time. I hate fiddly buttons too!

• posted by luxie
    on

I picked up a Xiaomi Mi-Band 2 from Amazon for less than 40 euros. It tells the time, counts steps (and calories burned), measures heart rate, tracks sleep, and gives notifications of SMS, Facebook and Whatsapp. It’s a real bargain for what it does. I’m extremely pleased with it so far, and will be sticking with it until I splash out on an Apple watch for a special occasion!

• posted by Angela06
    on

Thank you, mixnmatch and luxe, for the advice. I was in the local sports supermarket and picked up a very basic unbranded one for just under 20 euros. It measures steps, kms and calories oh and time spent and it has just 3 reasonable size buttons so it’s adequate for the moment but I will look at the Amazon if or when I need an upgrade for when I’m ultra fit haha! It seems like a good buy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.