Exercise and Diet for a person with vertigo and diabetes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gustavowoltmann
    on

Good day everyone. My name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am a worker in a small and private publishers office. I just want to ask for a recommended diet and exercise for a person with diabete and vertigo. What are the things or activities to avoid as well foods to avoid?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello Gustavowoltmann, you are diabetic and have managed to find this site and the Blood Sugar Diet so that is a suitable diet for you. If you haven’t got the book you should try to get hold of it along with the recipe book. Also, there are suitable recipes on this site. As for foods to avoid, this is a low carbohydrate diet so we avoid all starchy / sugary foods such as sugar, processed foods, potatoes, cereals, pasta, rice and bread.

With regards to you having vertigo, I dont know how that affects you. I should think you can do most exercises but taking care if you feel dizzy or unbalanced.

There is something I not sure about in your post, are you writing about diet and exercise or is this for yourself. Tell us your story so people can help you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Gustavowoltmann
    The Blood Sugar Diet was designed for those with diabetes, so yes it would be suitable for you. As for exercise, if you are able to walk – even short distances – then this is a good way to increase activity. Indeed any activity you are capable of no matter how sedate – yoga, pilates for instance – is good and if you can manage something more energetic like swimming, that’s great too. Basically increase of physical activity is a plus.
    As sunshine-girl says, if you don’t yet have it get the book, meanwhile just avoiding starchy and sugary foods is a good start. It is these foods that mess with blood sugar levels so getting control of the carbohydrate is key. I recommend reading the posts and threads on the forum from Bill1954. He is very knowledgeable about the diet and blood sugars and has shared lots of his experience here.
    Finally, keep in touch and the lovely folks on the forum will offer sound advise and support when it’s needed. Good luck on starting the BSD and a completely new way of life.

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Hi Gustavovoltman
    I have an exercise CD which I bought from the Australian heart foundation. I also have vertigo and this is great because on the DVD it shows how you can do the exercise by sitting in a chair as well as standing up. I’m not sure if it will be posted outside Australia but maybe there is a similar DVD more local to you.

http://www.heartmoves.org.au/assets/pdf/Order_Form.pdf

• posted by elissawilliams
    on

Exercise is the best thing to live a healthy life. It supports to protect the body from various health issues. Simple exercise is helps to boost the body health. Food is also playing a major role to lead the body health into good conditions. Avoid junk foods and fast foods system. My suggestion is swimming exercise is best for your mention health issues. It helps to increasing the blood circulations and also stimulates many internal organ functions.

Please log in or register to post a reply.