Exercise / American book?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Athorn223
    on

I’m starting the diet in the morning and I have two questions. 1. I’m starting this diet in the morning. I’ve lost 30 lbs already through diet and exercise (walking/ running and weight training) is it safe to work out on this plan? I can’t see going 2 months w/o exercise.

2. Is there a book for purchase with American measurements? I’ve heard that some things get lost in translation if you calculate measurements incorrectly.

Thank you!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Athorn, the book was being published in America in March so you should be able to get it now. Otherwise just go on line for conversions from imperial to the American system. You should be able to download something.

Professor Taylor says vigorous exercise is not necessary while on 800 calories, in fact he says you should leave it until you increase your calories. However, if you are used to that amount of exercise just see how you go as you won’t be actually increasing what you already do, and many on the BSD have continued with their normal exercise regime. You may get a bit light headed and have a blood pressure drop.

There is a thread about ‘What exercise are you doing?’ – that may help you more than I can as I have only continued with a few pilates exercises and walking.

Make sure you eat fats from full fat dairy, olive oil, nuts and seeds etc. It helps you feel fuller.

All the best 🙂 and keep posting!

Please log in or register to post a reply.