Exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Olive Grace
    on

In my first week and just trying to recall the rules around exercise and calories. I walked for 60 mins today and apparently burned around 200 calories. Does this mean that I have just earned another 200 worth of calories I can factor into my eating today?

• posted by Bissell
    on

Well, it’s a nice thought, but no. I don’t think so. 😀

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

If Calories in = calories out should we be static in weight terms? It probably is not that simple. Some calories are worthless or empty when eaten e.g. alcohol and some sugars at least in terms of nutrition. Exercise tones up muscles or develops them if they are seriously depleted. The benefits of exercise added to those of fasting are what is required for optimum health and fitness while we reduce blood sugars and body mass. It is not for ever that we are restricting calories so it soon may be easier to add treats after exercise but do not expect there not to be a cost. But wouldn’t it be great if it really were that simple?

Please log in or register to post a reply.