End of first week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Grey beared
    on

What a week I have lost 8lb my blood sugars have come down from last Sunday 8.8 to today at 6.1 I have been measuring this every day , along with my blood pressure which has gone from 133/95 to 110/84 have also lost 1″ of my chest, 3″ of my waist, 0.5″ of my arms, and 2″ of my legs.
    It has not been as hard as I expected I have not enjoyed all the meals but they have filled me up I have tried new things like, spinach, green lentils, pine nuts, white beans, cannelloni, my wife has been super supportive and has lost 7lb as well looking forward to the next week. I am also going to return to the gym and see how I get on I hope you have all had a great week

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great results, if you aren’t a fan of the recipes then you can ‘freestyle’ it, using the basic principles, many of us do, but you may find that some of the foods it introduces you to stick as new favourites as your taste changes significantly during this phase.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Greybeared, fantastic results for both of you.

I have both the diet book and the recipe book, but tend to freestyle too. I just put everything into FatSecret and it works out the carbs/calories etc, and I adjust as necessary.

Just a word of warning – don’t expect to lose this amount every week. It will slow down – I lost 8lbs in my first week, am now in week 9 and only lost 2lbs this week. Some weeks I haven’t lost anything at all. You just have to keep on keeping on, and it will come right.

To save confusion, may I suggest you post all your results etc under one thread? Sorry, if you prefer to open a new one every week, go ahead, but it will be much easier to keep track of if it’s all under one thread. Good luck for the coming week.

• posted by Grey beared
    on

thanks Theodora
    you are spot on my weight has frozen since Sunday morning but blood sugars are still coming down. I like the idea of mixing recipe’s up and will give that a try.
    how do I post things under one thread ? I struggled to find how to post any thing for the first time

• posted by Grey beared
    on

Thanks Mixnmatch
    we are going to try playing around with the recipes next week and are looking forward to it

• posted by Jande9
    on

Losing 2 pounds a week seems to be common after the first week’s water loss. The good news is that it is fat loss.

Jan

• posted by Jande9
    on

I stopped bothering with the recipes after the first week and settled into a routine of eggs for breakfast, yogurt, buttermilk and bran for lunch, and meat and veggies for supper. Last night I had a chicken breast, plus sauteed mushrooms, celery, garlic, garlic, tomatoes and mange-tout, with mashed cauliflower/brocolli and spring greens. It was filling but only 300 calories.

Jan

• posted by Grey beared
    on

Thanks Jan I must admit iam struggling with some of the ingredients in some recipes but we are going to sit down this weekend and make a meal plan for the week I’m still feeling excited blood sugars down to 5.7 this morning how are some is that.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great news on the blood sugar drop, and I hope you find some recipes you really like. This way of eating certainly can change your favourite foods after a while of trying new things.

Please log in or register to post a reply.