End of First Day on FAST 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wide_Widow
    on

Day 1 and the most surprising thing has been my lack of hunger and feeling of satisfaction. I usually end meals, however large, craving something else before I even put my fork down. Today I have genuinely felt full at the end of each meal despite looking at the plate at the beginning and thinking “how tiny is that!”.

I have eaten a much higher ratio of fat than I am used to, despite the reduction in calories – my body seems to like it.

My blood sugars are within the normal range throughout the day but move close to the pre-diabetic range by the end of the day. I was drawn to this diet after feeling periods of utter exhaustion after eating, fearing it was an insulin problem. Having checked the levels as suggested in the book I am surprised they have been so good.

None the less I am going to give this diet the full 8 weeks. If for no other reason than everything else I have tried has failed to stick and if I am not type 2 yet, my weight will put me there eventually.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Welcome Wide_Widow,
    Great start to the fast 800! Since reducing carbs I don’t get the feeling I need to eat again soon after a meal either. I used to spend my evenings having a few crackers and cheese, dips, nuts or crisps or fruit. Way too many carbs. Carbs make you crave more whereas fat keeps you satisfied as you have found.
    You are going to have so much more energy soon, as well as the bonus weight loss. Keep it up and let us know your progress. Every story inspires the next person.

• posted by Dora66
    on

Hi,
    I am on day 2 of FAST 800
    I was told last Thursday that I have type 2 diabetes .
    There were no symptoms.
    They wanted to put me on medications.I refused this.
    I have eaten about 120 bars of chocolate since Christmas.
    Hoping to bring my sugar levels back to within normal limits on this fast 800
    I have been addicted to carbs all my life…Weight Watchers is a regular method of weight loss for me…
    Perhaps we can support each other in this.

• posted by Peteinthebayou
    on

I started on Monday 29th at 144.8kg. I have elevated BP but decent bloods and no indication of diabetes yet. Got some gout and a few other issues. Weighed in this morning at 141.7kg. Water and a big visit to the toilet will account for most of that but already starting to feel better. I have a dodgy knee from too many rugby injuries (and being overweight) so running is out – bought a rowing machine for my Christmas present to myself and blast out 9k in 40mins before breakfast. I’ll nail this. I’ll be 50 in October – I want to lose 50lbs by then and 50kg overall…

• posted by Wide_Widow
    on

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Thanks for the cheer Cherriane and Dora66, looking forward to talking more. I am a weight watchers and slimming world repeat offender too. I never seem to stick to anything past losing a stone or so. Usually because I feel too deprived.

Peteinthebayou, great loss and rowing sounds impressive!

I have cardiomyopathy so walking, swimming and yoga is my exercise limit. Its another reason to sort out this weight though. Poor old ticker would feel much better if I could put the baggage down!

Good luck this week every one.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Wide_Widow
    welcome to a whole new lifestyle.
    Before long you’ll be as amazed as the rest of us were at the rate that the weight comes off and the sugar levels decrease.
    Do the 8 weeks, you’re going to surprise yourself.

on

Wide-Widow – Rowing is great – I can do it in all weathers and I take the opportunity to set my head straight for the day ahead. 141.4kg today. My BP is running at 138/85 now from a “normal” 145/95 so something good must be happening inside too. I’m a habit guy so food this week has been the same every day – 2 egg omelette for breakfast, tuna and chickpea salad for lunch and then grilled chicken or fish with salad for supper. No booze, 40 mins rowing a day and at least 6000 steps. Business trip to Australia has just landed on my desk for next week – that will be a challenge…

• posted by Wide_Widow
    on

Pete, Great news about the blood pressure, sounds promising. The no booze is the key I think. A little easier for me as I cant drink on my heart medication. I am trying to increase my daily step total from around 6,000 to 10,000 a day. That and a little swimming in these first few weeks will do. I am studying for a degree, that keeps my time fully occupied too.

Having tried weight loss so many different ways this time I am focused on sticking out the full eight weeks rather than my usual pushing too hard too soon!

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Pete, trip to Aus shouldn’t be a problem for you. Many people here going low carb/ paleo for their health. Most restaurants and cafés will have suitable food and will be happy to accommodate your request for no potatoes, bread, rice or pasta with your meal. We are quite civilised here lol ;).
    Stick with protein and salad or steamed veg and you can’t go wrong. Family and friends who visit from the UK love the quality and price of the meat and seafood here. Can’t comment myself as I’m vegetarian. I’m sure you’ll find food to suit.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hello there, Im a newcomer here. Hoping to start the 800 kcal diet asap. At the stage where I’m clearing the crap from the cupboards! Had the 8 week blood sugar book delivered today and have already finished it!!. Hope to pick up some tips from fellow members to help me along the next 8 weeks.

• posted by Wide_Widow
    on

Day three and I am still feeling surprisingly good. Its almost unbelievable I am only eating 800 calories a day, I feel so full all the time. My body seems to be having a good clear out as I am unusually thirsty and peeing for England. Energy levels are up and I am easily exceeding my daily step target.

I have meditated before so I quite enjoyed getting back into a mindfulness session too yesterday. Really helped me unwind.

Weigh in day is Saturday for me. Fingers crossed. The weekend is nearly here. How does everyone cope with that?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I don’t really have a problem with weekends, In fact I quite look forward to them
    A treat of a brunch on Saturday, usually a sausage, bacon, poached egg, mushroom and tomato followed by a tasty tea.
    Sunday I have a normal Sunday lunch but without the potatoes or yorkies and usually a salad with eggs or mackerel for tea.

on

Cherrianne – thanks form the info – the problem is that as well as great food you Aussies have great wine and craft beers – my weaknesses. I have 2 business dinners to attend and a couple of lunches tied in with a conference. I will stick to the 800cals though. Great first week with a 5kg drop, flatlined over the weekend but exercised hard, stayed off the booze and ate well. I think I drink less water at weekends which may be a factor. Refused all booze on the plane down from Singapore but did eat the chicken and veggies and the wee piece of plastic cheese. I wont be weighing now till I get back to Singapore on Friday but I am hoping to have a good week – if anything it will test my will-power.
    I was going to hide in my room away from the temptations of the bar but will go for a walk along the river instead…

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Pete, hope you have a great week over here. 5kg in a week is a pretty awesome result 🙂
    Can’t hurt to ask to have your food served without potatoes, rice, sauces etc. most places would happily oblige. Choose the fruit and cheese option if you want dessert maybe? Rockmelon and strawberries are a good choice, grapes not so good. Dining out is reasonably laid back here.
    The wine and beer might be tough going at a business lunch if you enjoy alcohol. Just take a few deep breaths, think about how much you want to be healthy… And ask for soda water with a slice of lemon or lime.
    Anyway, enjoy yourself, I hope you stay motivated and your business goes well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.