End Game

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hanks98
    on

Hi everyone. I have to say how amazing this diet has been for me. I’m type 2 and three weeks in. However, I’m not really sure where I go from here. My BMI is now 21.9. My blood sugars are in the 4s (It was 6.3 a few months ago. My body fat is now 10.9 (normal range is 11-22) and I’ve been off Metformin for 2 weeks now. I’ve lost 2 inches round my waist but I’m 6’4, and now weigh 12’12. I had a 39 inch waist and it’s now 37 inches. I’ve lost over a stone in the 3 weeks I’ve been on this but should I keep going? It’s no good speaking to Drs as they don’t believe in what we’re doing. So do I keep going? Would be interested in your thoughts.

• posted by shalimar
    on

If you feel good …. why not keep going??? Do you want to have better than average BMI?

Are you happy eating to your plan?

I’d probably keep it up … keep testing your blood sugar …. for a few weeks just to make sure you are stable …. and then if you feel comfortable perhaps let the carbs and calories creep up a bit … while you keep testing.

You can always do a 5:2 plan …. where you do the 800 for 2 days and the Mediterannean low carb plan for 5 …. and keep testing your Blood Sugar, taking your measurements, weighing in …. and you can adjust your diet plan accordingly.

What makes you happy and feeling good??

• posted by Hanks98
    on

Thank you Shalimar. I really want to keep going as I feel amazing and I’ve never looked so good. I have just had a few doubts as to whether I’ll be doing myself any harm by keep losing weight and body fat.

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Great result Hanks98,

Yes carry on BUT not on full time fast 800, at least for much longer! As Shalimar says, keep to the BSD principles in whichever way suits to maintain the benefits. If you want to loose a little more perhaps just try 5:2 or for maintainance 6:1, or stick to low carb med style diet and skip a few meals here and there etc. 8 weeks is typically how long it takes for fat to clear from the pancreas to reverse t2 in many people but you’re already there and so it’s now about refining how you’re going to do this for the long term.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hanks98 …. i would like to add … if you are only 3 weeks in ….. i worry a bit that 3 weeks isn’t enough to solidify a new habit. That is another reason i would stay the course for a little while longer …. as long as you feel great, have energy, and feel happy and good about yourself and your plan.

Please log in or register to post a reply.