Eating at an Indian restaurant

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JuJu68
    on

I’m on Day 5 of Week 3 following the Fast 800, and so far have lost 11.5lb as well as two inches off my waist – which I am more than pleased with! However, I have my first real challenge tonight, a (probably boozy) night out at an Indian Restaurant. Having avoided alcohol and all carbs for almost three weeks, I don’t want to undo all my progress in one evening…

My plan was to go for a chicken tikka dish (no sauce) and vegetable curry side, avoid rice / naan / poppadums, and have a couple of glasses of red wine. I just wondered if anyone had any better meal suggestions for the principles, and also if one night off the wagon is likely to derail me significantly? I have been trying not to weigh daily this week as I don’t want to see the reading on the scales go up, but succumbed this morning to see another 1.5lb go since Monday – hope I don’t regret that come next Monday lol!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Sounds ok to me.
    The last visit we had to an Indian restaurant I had chicken tikka starter and tandoori king prawns with salad for main,
    No adverse blood sugar readings next day thankfully

• posted by JuJu68
    on

Thanks so much for the reply Bill. Glad to know I’m on the right track, don’t want to undo the good progress to date. Have been lurking on the forums since I started on the plan so knew I’d get some good advice on here if I asked a question…

Please log in or register to post a reply.