Drinking too much Tea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

I got back to it after Christmas and this is day three done. I’m getting myself towards 800 calories and certainly a huge amount less than I had over (and leading up to) the festive period. I’ve managed no starchy carbs and no sugar. It was a bit of a relief really after the luxury of the season. However I’m drinking too much tea. I’m finding that I need it to get through with less food etc while I readjust back. I’m drinking lots of water and some herbal tea but lots of tea (which I have to drink with milk I can’t stand black tea and black coffee). I am a tea drinker and do try to do decaf for some of it. I’m such an inpatient person who wants to be there quickly, but I think this week will just be about getting my head back in the space. I made the aubergine lasagne from the recipe book this week and it was lovely, very satisfying. Having eaten a mound of gorgeous bread over the season, I’m not missing it which is good. Lots of soup (made the celeriac and apple recipe whichi love). Keep on going …! Here’s hoping for success.

• posted by tigs
    on

Good for you Timetochange, getting back into the groove. I wouldn’t worry about too much tea (or coffee) as if that is what gets you through, then all good. I personally have loads of both and love it. Just have to count the milk in your daily tally.

• posted by Angela06
    on

Hi there Timeto change, I drink 5/6 mugs of tea per day with a splash of milk and so far it hasn’t impeded my progress, 12.2kgs down since the end of October but I’m not diabetic and milk does contain sugar But as long as you’re losing, I wouldn’t worry.

Please log in or register to post a reply.