Doing the blood sugar diet my way.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KathM
    on

I’ve been on the BSD for 5 weeks now. I’m so excited to see the changes in my body and how my clothes feel.
    I thought it would be too hard but I stuck at it and now it’s really easy. I’m hardly ever hungry and I can’t get to 800 calories some days.
    Because I’ve failed at 100s of diets, I knew I’d get despondent and quit if I didn’t get good results. So I do it my way: I don’t weigh or measure myself. I took a start weight and picture and measured my waist with a piece of string! Each week I measure my waist with the string and mark it with a pen. I can see my waist is shrinking every week.
    It’s been the most successful diet ever.

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is a great way to do it! I weigh myself every day, but it can affect my mood.

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

This is encouraging to me Kath. I’m in the planning stages and having never been able to stick to a diet, I’m a little worried. I’ve even bought the ingredients for the guilt free brownies cos I think if I don’t and I start struggling, I’m going to need a little sweet boost. I’m just hoping that I will still be here in 5 weeks. Thank you for posting. I start Monday.

• posted by barby
    on

What a great idea Kath, thanks! I have a love/hate with scales, because it is so demotivating for me if I stay the same or even, go upwards. It can make me just binge. I lose slowly too.

I have weighed about 3 times so far. I am half wanting to do it again as I feel lighter, but then if I hadn’t lost it would really demotivate me. It’s all mind games with me.

I will now measure with some string (always assuming i can FIND my waist! ) I know from my clothes I have lost a bit, but I’m not yet down a size. When these trousers are falling off me, then I’ll weigh. Come to think of it, that’s a good idea, weighing only when trousers falling down. I’m size 22 now – so I’d love to work myself down to a size 14 lol lol lol impossible thought …. but is it?

Welcome Izzypeach – I am usually a total failure at dieting, but I didn’t honestly crave sweet things. Get some snack things in too, like celery and carrot sticks and a little houmous, and I suggest make a big pot of filling veg soup (you can have a bowl anytime if you’re struggling at first). In my mind I welcomed the hunger pangs as “great its working” – and forced myself to drink much more water than usual, it won’t work unless you do) Look forward to hearing of your progress.

• posted by KathM
    on

Hi Izzypeach, I was really apprehensive when I started too.It helped thinking about my health, energy and wellbeing more than just my appearance. I read the book a couple of times and it helped to read about others’ challenges. I started a food diary and wrote down a comment from one of the case studies”I’m not going to do anything to jeopardise this” I remind myself everyday.
    I’ve found that my tastes have really changed. I was really surprised how sweet beetroot, capsicum and apples are. Now all my food tastes delicious.
    If I’m super hungry I drink some ginger tea, eat some protein, or make the beetroot falafel from the book which is really easy and filling.
    Good luck with your diet.

• posted by KathM
    on

Hi barby, I’m the same as you. In the past if the scales went up I’d just rage quit and binge eat and drink. I always felt powerless and like a victim to the scales and my body. I really wanted to lose weight and stop my whole life being about dieting. It is really keeping me motivated not attaching a number to my size and weight.
    I plan to weigh my self again at the 8 week mark.
    Good luck.

• posted by AngieP
    on

How does everyone do this? Fasting and eating once a day or do you eat two or 3 meals? I’m going to see it the book is at the book store in town tomorrow. What kind of meal do you do? Any ideas will get me going in the right direction.

• posted by Harvey
    on

I do it alternately.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I eat breakfast then most days I don’t feel hungry until it’s time for my evening meal

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi AngieP
    I eat twice a day mostly. Breakfast, which could be early or late 9 -10am. Then between 3 – 6pm. I try to get a long fasting period in during the 24 hours. But don’t obsess. Saturday I’ll eat later as got guests. Be flexible, just keep carbs in the back of your mind. The more you do this the better you will be at it.
    Then it’s your turn to help & spread the word

Please log in or register to post a reply.