Does this happen to anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Joey Kaplan
    on

Hi all
    I started the 8 week blood sugar diet approx. 2 weeks ago. I consume the same amount of vegetable as before if not more and only drink water.
    Since started the programme, I notice my bowel movement has changed. I feel constipated, the stools hardened. In summary, difficult to have bowel movement, so much as that I bleed in the last four days whenever there’s a bowel movement.
    Has anyone experience this?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there Joey, yes it is common to get a change in the bowel movements – some hard some looser. Have you noticed you are peeing a lot more (you should be if you are sticking to the plan and drinking plenty of water). This can cause the hardness as the material in your gut is not getting the water it used to as it is being flushed out. More reason to drink more water. It is something that will settle down. Have you heard of chia seeds as these are very good for getting you going or keeping you regular. Just sprinkle a teaspoon on a yoghurt or put in a smoothie and that will do the trick. However, for a much better solution have a drink of Andrews Liver Salts – yes they do still sell them.
    Can I also say that your fatty liver will be much improved with this diet. My triglycerides used to be off the scale and are now extremely low and my cholesterol has also gone right down to 4.0

• posted by Joey Kaplan
    on

Thanks for your comment.
    Good to hear that it’s working for you, are you still on the 800 calories per day or did you go back to normal after eight weeks?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As a long time diabetic this is a lifestyle for me. I have been diagnosed for 13 years and inject insulin so have never expected a ‘miracle cure’ just a vast improvement in my overall health. I have reduced insulin, meds and weight with lots of other unexpected results like lower BP and cholesterol and triglycerides but will keep on keeping on. Obviously I cannot stick with 800 every day of my life but I still write up an 800 menu plan each Sunday and work towards keeping to that. If at all possible I never eat starchy carbs although on the odd occasion it has been unavoidable (holiday in Italy) I notice an immediate change in my blood glucose, for the worse, so it keeps me determined to stick with this. It will be 2 years next month and I still hope to be able to stop using insulin eventually.

Please log in or register to post a reply.