Disappointing weight Loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mary_H
    on

I am on day 11 and my weight loss has stalled already. I lost 2kg in the first 4 days and was really encouraged. I have not lost anymore since. I have been going to the toilet a bit less frequently so I have added natural bran to my morning smoothy but I don’t think it is enough to have this effect. I have protein every meal and I was exercising by walking daily, now i have amped it up to make sure I do 10 000 steps a day plus 3 high intensity training sessions. I’d just like some encouragement that I am not doing this for no benefit. Mary

• posted by slheys
    on

Bran as a cereal is high carb and so can smoothies be – are you drinking enough water? My weight loss slows down when I don’t drink enough.

• posted by Mary_H
    on

Yep, between 2 to 3 litres daily. Don’t we need the type of fibre we get from grains as well as fruit and vegie fibre? This is what I put it down to. Besides the bran, I’m having no grains or rice. thanks for replying. 🙂

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Mary,
    Sounds like you’ve hit the week two blues! The weight loss seems to stall or sometimes go up a pound or two around the second week. It is probably the most common concern posted on these forums. I think Karra holds the record for the longest time without weight loss, not really a record anyone is vying to beat lol. She has seen a daily loss since though.
    Psyllium husk will probably be more beneficial than bran. 2 – 3 teaspoons in your morning shake will do the trick. Be aware you will need to drink the shake in one sitting though. The psyllium will make it gel if you try to save some for later. Flaxseed meal helps too and has other health benefits. Both should be available in supermarkets.
    Hang in there, you’ll soon be seeing the scales move again.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Mary, Please see my post regarding this below. I had no weight loss after an initial 2 kilos in the first 3 days, and then finally this morning on day 10 a kilo overnight -in between nothing! So frustrating to see the scale stuck. I think part of my problem is I want a miracle with results overnight. I know I am also going to struggle to do the whole eight weeks because of social events:-( Keep going. I did drink extra water yesterday – that was the only thing I did differently. Gluck.

• posted by Mary_H
    on

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know it is not uncommon to get stuck at this stage and I will try the Psyllium husk instead of bran. I am avoiding the scales until day 14 so I hope to see some change but I intend to stick with it either way.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

hi Mary
    I would suggest checking your carbs using Myfitness pal, and upping your fats, as well as drinking enough. That’s what worked for me.
    Good luck
    Penny

• posted by Meredex
    on

Hi Mary, check out Lucyjanes thread which I think we should rename scalesulkers! It will show you how many of us are or have been stuck. It makes a difference to know quite a few folk have small or slow losses but also shows the health benefits experienced as non scale victories. Don’t feel disheartened just keep plugging away with the rest of us xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.