Disabled and need help with exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bubblesdevere
    on

Are any of you disabled with mobility issues? I walk with crutches (painfully!) and fall easily (balance issues) MY knees and back are ruined. I can’t get on the exercise bike unless hubby s home as I cant get on without help. What exercises are you doing that overcome these obstacles?

• posted by Izzy
    on

My friend has one of those reclining exercise bikes that might work for you but I don’t know if it is any easier for you to get off and on it.

You could maybe do some strength training with your arms provided that would be ok on your back but I think you might do better to get some professional advice from a trainer. If you can afford it maybe a session with a personal trainer would help, many of them work mobile and could come to your home to advise.

I’m sorry I have no better advice for you I hope you find something that works for you.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I agree with Izzy that you should ideally get some advice from a qualified professional. Can your doctor recommend anyone?
    Personal trainers are fine, but of course they’re not necessarily medically qualified, so a proper physiotherapist could be the best idea.

It would be worth investing in a consultation, as good advice now would be worth its weight in gold.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have been able to arrange for a physiotherapist to visit my mother at home to help with mobility excerises. This was via her GP. Perhaps your doctor can help put you in the direction of a physiotherapist. In the meantime just keep moving in whatever way you are able. Enjoy your day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.