Diabetes and Yoga

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sharoness
    on

Hi there – wanting some help and examples of anyone who has turned to yoga as one of the ways to help keep either prediabetes or diabetes at bay.

As part of my yoga teaching course which I am 6 month into of a 18 month course I am looking to complete a paper on how yoga can help diabetes sufferers.

please get in touch if you have any comments or help you can forward on to me.

thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thinking of trying yoga but probably hatha as I dont feel up to tying myself in knots but need the relaxation. I am currently doing a course with FutureLearn on Mindfulness so have started the meditation process and it seems to help stop me from multitasking even if it is just thinking about lots of different things. I dont know about prevention of diabetes as I have always exercised and kept fit all my life so was shocked to find I am diabetic but there are so many other things coming into play. My main one was having a mother who was T2.

Please log in or register to post a reply.