depressed and overeating

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

life has been tough lately and i am depressed and anxious. not helping scales were up today and further not helping i consumed 3000 calories today. nearly went for cake but good friend talked me out of it. 3000 of bsd food. i really thought i had overcome the food as crutch syndrome but clearly not. i am hoping i will be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. old habits die hard it seems.

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

bigeater

At least you have realised that you were on a slippery slope. Tomorrow is another day and you will get back on the plan. Maybe you could chat to your friend about how you are feeling since they cake-blocked you.

Think about how far you have come and how well you have done……but if the anxiety and depression continue please see your GP.

Take care,

FFBB

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Bigeater – what a good friend you have. Well done for only eating BSD foods. That’s exactly what I do when I either have a ‘using food as a crutch day’ or I just really feel I want to over eat.

I never feel it is a failure but think of it as doing the 5:2 for a week. It doesn’t unleash the carb monster or a massive guilt trip which made it so much easier to get back into the BSD when I was in the weight loss stage of the journey and to get back to maintenance now I am on maintenance. I am planning to do some overeating on holiday at the end of August – but will only overindulge on lovely BSD food.

FFBBs advice is really good.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi FFBB and KrysiaD

Thanks so much for your messages. Yes it was nice of my friend to say – don’t eat cake – you will be pleased you didn’t. And I am pleased I didn’t but can identify an “I don;t care attitude” that instils itself on the now rare occasions I overeat. . It is very important to seek help – I do. Just wanted to thank you for your support, tomorrow is another day and I will continue on the journey!

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Sorry for jumping in, but I just want ofer some support – I, too, am a cakelover Bigeater. That was so strong of you to say no. I know I could not have done that. I know when I am in ‘self destruct’ mode, my go to is cake deffo not BSD food. So, be kind to yourself and chalk it up as a success. Slow but sure wins the day (as I’m trying to convince myself).
    Everhopefuldumpty

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on resisting that cake and sticking to BSD foods, bigeater. We all have blips, slips and trips – we’re all human and life happens. The good thing is you were able to identify the problem and call a halt. Old habits do die hard, but you are on the way to defeating yours. Forgive yourself for erring and get back to the BSD proper as soon as you can, then I’m sure you will be surprised how little effect that problem day causes at your next weigh-in.
    Good Luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.