Dehydrated fruits

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Concetta Parsons
    on

I have low blood sugar and I often have dizziness, headache and blurry vision. I’ve bought some dehydrated fruits from Horton spice mills Quality spices. Will dehydrated fruits help me to increase the blood sugar level?? I need some immediate suggestions, because i’m working and after work I have to take care of my family too. I can’t concentrate in anything now. I feel so tired and I don’t know what’s happening around me. Please give me some suggestions to get rid of this low blood sugar. Can you please suggest me some diet ideas to improve my blood sugar. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed. Thank you.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Concetta

Your posts don’t give details of why you are using the Blood Sugar way of eating if you already suffer from low blood sugar?
    And you don’t specify how long you have been following the programme or give any other details.

We’re not medical experts here, have you consulted your doctor if you have long term low blood sugar issues? This may not be the best way of eating for you.

on

I don’t specifically know the reason for my low blood sugar. It may be due to my food habits. Also I used to use a lot of medicines in case of headache. I don’t have any alcoholic habits, so I thinks medicines or food may be the reason. I felt the symptoms of low blood sugar 2 years back. At first I thought it may be due to overwork and stress. But later I was not able to bare it. So I consulted my doctor . He checked me and said that I have low blood sugar. He said me to maintain a proper diet. But even when I try, time doesn’t let me to maintain diet. I don’t have time to maintain a proper diet. So I need some efficient method to overcome this. Doctor said that it’s not a critical condition. But still I cannot tolerate it. For few weeks I had headaches during night, which was really bad. I just want to get well soon and lead a normal life. Please suggest some methods to overcome low blood sugar. Doctor said me to eat or drink glucose rich food. My friend said that dehydrated fruits will contain much sugar content. I’m really confused. Please help me to get rid of this.

• posted by Frog
    on

Concetta
    I agree with Igor – as many of the posters here are following to reduce their blood sugar levels, they are not likely to have a great deal of knowledge on the subject.
    If your GP has given a suggested diet to follow, try that – if it is similar to BSD, then read the book and follow this; but if your GP has said eat/drink glucose rich food, then I would suggest that this is not an ideal diet for you to follow.
    You state “I don’t have time to maintain a proper diet” – I’m not sure why you think time to maintain the BSD way of eating would be any different – let alone the fact that if it is diametrically opposed to what you have been advised for your condition, it isn’t likely to achieve a great deal for you.
    Why not go back to your GP and ask about the possibility of seeing a nutritionist, or maybe getting CBT to assist with eating or health issues?

on

I followed the diet for few days. But my headache, dizziness and work stress made me lose hope. As you’ve said I have to go to my GP soon. Thank you both for your suggestions. I’ll again try to maintain my diet. Let me try to get a bit better before consulting the doctor. I’m really worried about my health condition. Hope it doesn’t get worse.

• posted by Avila
    on

Concetta,

Dehydrated fruit does continue more concentrated sugar.

Not everyone on BSD is doing it to reduce blood sugars, but those who aren’t are generally aiming for weight loss.

The Mediterranean style of eating is a good healthy one to follow but not the fasting diet version if you have low sugar. As has been pointed out it is the direct opposite to what is needed in your body, you cannot risk your blood sugar dropping any further. The level of reactions in your body back that up.

‘Let me try to get a bit better before consulting the doctor. I’m really worried about my health condition. Hope it doesn’t get worse.’

NO! Consult the doctor first….

on

Thank you Avila for the information. I had a doubt when my friend said about dehydrated fruits. But I was not able to think anything deep. I just wanted to get well soon. So I have to skip my plan of eating dehydrated fruits right? I’ll consult my doctor as soon as possible. Let me check whether he’s free because i’ll not be able to wait too long in a crowd. Do you know any temporary solution to get rid of these kind of headaches?

• posted by Avila
    on

If your GP wants you to have a glucose increase then dehydrated fruit is a good source. But as part of a balanced diet. If you have low blood sugar and having headaches linked to trying this diet then possibly you need to up your calories, sugar and carb to ease it.

****but note we are users of this diet, not doctors, not experts and all responses are opinions and guesses only – hence need to talk to your doctor****

on

I’ve planned to consult GP tomorrow Availa. Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. Hope everything will be fine soon.

on

I am happy to inform you that I have recovered from my low blood sugar 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.