Defeated at week 4

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meredex
    on

Well after so many good reviews I appear to be the exception to the rule. I have posted before about my slow weight loss and early plateau. It’s my 4th week. 4lb lost in the first 4 days, nothing for 10 then another 2,then nothing. I’m following the rules and have been in ketosis from day 4. I’m truly gutted. I was doing this for weight loss. I’ve got to loose weight (3.stone) so I’m guessing this diet isn’t for me. I’ve been waiting for my woosh and tried upping my fat but to no avail. It’s time to face facts that despite my best efforts it’s time to go. Yes this post is negative and for all successful dieters I’m sure you won’t believe me, but I can honestly say I’ve given it my all. Good luck X

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

So sorry to hear about your disappointing results Meredex. Did you have any waist/ hip measurements loss in that time? Or just the 6 lbs?
    I can understand you feeling totally gutted.

• posted by Seanyg
    on

That’s 6lbs in 4 weeks, which is within the recommended rate of 1-2 lbs/week for most weightloss programs.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Meredex
    please don’t give up yet. The fact that you are in ketosis proves that you are doing things right and some people, for some reason, do tend to lose slower than others. Have you seen any other benefits such as feeling and sleeping better, or do any of those former too tight clothes now feel slacker?
    The evidence that carbohydrates are bad for you is all over not just this forum, but the internet now, so I you do feel like you have to give up, please control your carb intake, it really is a healthier lifestyle.
    I know it sounds like I’m preaching from a good position but I truly believe that, unless there is some obscure medical reason, that this way of life is the answer to type 2 diabetes and weight problems.

• posted by Meredex
    on

My waist measurement is exactly the same x

• posted by Jussi55
    on

Hi Meredex
    Sounds like me! I am almost at the end of my fourth week and have lost 3 kg so far. I am however feeling good, sleeping better and am enjoying some interesting and delicious foods. About 10 years ago I lost quite a bit of weight – about 20kgs and was not quite sure how I was so successful. I was determined to lose weight and started the Atkins but after 2 weeks I couldn’t face any more meat and fat. I lost 5kgs in these 2 weeks. I then went to eating mainly salads and some protein. Calories would have been 500-800 every day. On reflection, there was no sugar and as I never had breakfast and sometimes missed lunch, I realise I was fasting every day for 20-24hours! Hah – way ahead of current thinking lol! About 15 kg has crept on over the last couple of years, with horrible fat around the stomach. It needs to go! So I shall persevere as although there has not been much weight lost, my clothes are slightly looser and I feel better overall. The weight has to change eventually so if you need a buddy who is struggling like you, happy to be it.
    Jussi

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Meredex, like others have said, please don’t give up. Give it the full 8 weeks then make a decision. Please?
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hi Meredex, you’re absolutely not alone in this. I’ve only lost 8 lbs and I’m in week 6. I lost in weeks 1, 3 and 5, the other two weeks I maintained or put on a bit. I also know I’ve been doing it correctly, use myfitnesspal, count cals, carbs, fats, protein religiously, bought ketosticks in week 4 and was in ketosis and still am. Like you I was very despondent and frustrated in week 4 with exactly the same loss as you but have decided since that doesn’t matter how slowly it comes off as I love eating this way and feel fabulous on it. I intend to keep on going long after the 8 week point so will get the weight loss I want, it will just take longer than for most on here. My best loss since week one was actually week 5 – 2.6 lbs off – so please don’t give up, its good for you in so many other ways. Our journeys are so similar that, like me, you may feel completely differently by week 6. Stick with it, I’m cheering you on! Jules x

• posted by peterking
    on

hi , im in your sector as well , not much weight loss , 1 lb a day i started off on great , but suddenly stopped after day 8 th i thought i was doing something wrong and its been up and down since , got a bicycle and the sugar has come right down to 4.5 afternoon and 5.5 in the morning , have you tried anything different ?

• posted by Meredex
    on

Thank you all for your encouragement. Well I sulked for the day, then had a word with myself whilst putting my scales under the bed. I am in this primarily for weight loss. As a yo yo dieter I thought I had found my perfect diet as its wonderful not feeling hungry. I look to my not so distant past and can’t help wondering how much more I would have lost at slimming world ( I would guess 2-3lbs consistent weight loss a week) but I get bored and fall off the wagon! I am amazed that in 4 weeks I haven’t eaten any carbs other than green leaves and veg – it’s amazing Warburtons bakery hasn’t gone bust! As I said I’m going to stop being mardy, weigh once a week and carry on. If Michael happens to be reading this he may need to come up with diet number 3 for those of us slow losers! I would happily be a Guinea pig. Actuall I had hoped BILL was Michael writing under a pseudonym ๐Ÿ˜‰ Xxxxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill! Have you got a secret identity?! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry, Meredex, Bill is not Michael in disguise, he is pretty brilliant though! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Just do it
    on

I’m so pleased you’re sticking with it Meredex, the losses will come and you’d have missed out on them if you’d stopped now. Us tortoises need to stick together, we know we’ll get there in the end and we can support each other along the way. Jx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I haven’t change clothes in a telephone box for many a year Judith and the Kryptonite is a real PITA these days ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Meredex I’m so happy you have had a rethink. Of course I’m going to be watching you now so let’s get that weight moving.—– Starting this week ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, that image of you rapidly morphing in a telephone box is going to stick with me all day!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Nice to know I’m in your thoughts Judith ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve “only” lost 3 kg in 4 weeks (but try looking up what that much fat actually looks like!) but I can put my slow loss down to the chocolate I still turn to when stressed! I’m working on it. I also think the oestrogen being released from my fat stores (see the Just Ladies thread) is messing with my hormones. I’m just happy to be steadily losing, even if it’s not amazingly fast like for some.

• posted by Jussi55
    on

Oh good. Pleased you have decided to stick with it Meredex and although I sympathise with the small weight loss to date, I am secretly pleased I am not alone. I have gritted my teeth when reading about the amazing successes on these posts – lbs dropping off like there is no tomorrow after a few days. How does that happen! Most people I know would be lying in hospital on a drip if they restricted themselves to my meagre calories. But hey ho, onward I go and will be reading the posts from other sluggish weight loss hopefuls as it keeps me motivated knowing THERE ARE OTHERS! Low carbs, no sugar is the way forward. Keep posting please!
    Jussi

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hi Jussi55, there certainly are a few of us and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more who just don’t post as they feel, as I occasionally did, like they’ve failed in some way. I just read a post by someone, sorry can’t check the name, who suggested looking up what a pound of fat looks like. So, I googled it and just watched a YouTube video of 1lb and 5lb, wow it’s a huge amount of blubber! Makes me feel like I haven’t only lost 8lbs, I’ve actually lost eight whole pounds – fabulous! Jx

• posted by Just do it
    on

Thanks for the suggestion Nathalie, just saw it was your idea!

• posted by Jussi55
    on

Yes, Just Do It, you are right. Looking at that amount of fat and thinking it was once part of you, well it is an achievement. I am hoping for another pound or two to disappear within the next week and even though it is a slow rate, the feeling better keeps me going. Nice to have company on the slow journey ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

Don’t give up! I’ve also been a ‘slow Burner’ lost a stone in 6 weeks. But my whole appetite and cravings have changed and I’m not feeling the hunger for in between food. It’s doing you good. My motivation comes from knowing I have beaten those cravings and tiredness of the first 2 weeks and I don’t want to have to start again so I’m making consistently better choices. The weight will come off.

Please log in or register to post a reply.