Day 7

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Flower55
    on

Woke up this morning feeling a bit fed up. Craving a latté but yet another fruit tea or lemon water to start my day! Thinking of the day ahead…..another day of calorie counting & thinking about what i can/can’t eat. I’m only 7 days into this & wonder if I can last another 7wks. Hope my mood becomes more positive 😦

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m not a coffee fiend but is a latte made with milk?

Almond milk is my saviour these days. The unsweetened version is very low calorie and I use it to make shakes and hot chocolate. Perhaps you could try that and make your own latte? it may not be the same but you might find you love it better!

Most of us find that it becomes less of a chore to stick to the diet so hopefully the negative feelings you have will fade.

Some people find sticking to much the same foods every day helps them along but that just gets boring for me, and you sound the same. I’d recommend a good surf online on the recipes here and elsewhere and choose something you can look forward to eating for lunch and dinner.

Good luck, try to stick it out because it does get easier and it is worth it.

• posted by Flower55
    on

Thx Izzy….i’ve tried different things every day so menu side is ok it’s just the constant having to think about cal/carb content where my enthusiasm is lacking at the mo. Maybe I need a personal chef to do all the work for me 😀😀

• posted by Izzy
    on

a few weeks in and you won’t need to think about it as much you will know the meals you enjoy that work for the numbers. Try to stick it out for a month – this is what he recommends in the book. After week 4 take a look at how you are doing and decide if this version is right for you. If you don’t feel at ease with it by then perhaps you could change to 5:2 or just general BSD way of life. I was well into the swing of things by week 4 hopefully you will be as well 🙂

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m just over the 3 week line and as Izzy says you do get to a point where you have your favourite foods, know the calories and it becomes easier. I still weigh things but it’s so automatic I don’t even think about it now.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Flower55, as you can probably tell by the username, I am a bit of a coffee fiend and I fit my latte in every morning and still lose weight! Standard semi skimmed milk is 9g carbs for 170ml, not a small drink. The other carbs I eat are so minimal in other foods that I still seem to stay below 30g quite often. I know it’s different for everyone. But just in case you wanted to give it a go! (PS the latte is hand made as we have a barista coffee machine.)

• posted by Flower55
    on

👍😊 I was wondering what it might be like with coconut milk! 😕 Might give it a try.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Well worth a try! If you don’t really like coconut like me, then NO! 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.