Day 40 – 17.5 kg lost

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bramalee
    on

I’m 63 and 180 cm tall my weight crept back up on me over the last 3 years. I failed the last time I tried the 800 a day (about 18 months ago) because I was cooking and eating the suggested recipes. Started to cheat, then failed. Started this fast on 30 December. It has always been easier for me to fast. No solid food in the last 40 days. After four days my body just gets used to no solids.

My jungle juice comes to exactly 800 cal. My blood sugar is currently 4.4. Not that blood sugar count has ever been a problem for my. Just stacking on the weight has been a life long battle. Being a Chef it’s not easy. My stress relief has always been food. They say professionals will always abuse what is easy access. I’ve never been on any scripts.

I’ve researched my nutritional needs and have come up with the thick juice recipe below. To be safe I also take fish oil, multi vitamins, additional B12 & D, Calcium, Magnesium and Glucosamine.

Here is my jungle juice recipe:

THROUGH JUICER
    – 1 beetroot
    – 1k carrots
    – 1/2 cucumber
    – 6 sticks celery
    – 300g cabbage

ADD
    – 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
    – 1 cup no fat soy milk
    – 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    – 1 cup coconut water
    – 3 teaspoons Tabasco
    – 3 heaping teaspoons Barley Green Powder
    – 3 heaping teaspoons Spirulina powder
    – 2 heaping teaspoons fresh ground linseeds

PUREE in the above
    – 2 heads lightly blanched broccoli
    – 2 cups sauerkraut
    – 100 g peeled fresh ginger
    – 100 g fresh boneless cooked (in olive oil) salmon
    – 5 cups baby spinach
    – 4 cups Kale

On a fast it tastes all right. Chilled of course. Gives me the right amount of required daily protein. It takes a half hour to prep and wash up but it has worth the investment. Speaking of which the last 40 days my cost has been $16 a day.

My ideal weight is 15 kg away and I plan to stay on my 800 a day fast until the 56 days (8 weeks) is up. Slight obstacle, I am booked in for TURP (trans-urethral resection of the prostrate) in 10 days. That will be day 50. Considering that ordeal we shall see if I make it fasting to day 56!

Wish me luck people! Please and let me know how you are going and what you think of the Chef’s Jungle Juice?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Bramalea, I wish you luck even though I couldn’t possibly follow your diet as I would be bored to death and craving a crunch mouth feel. If it works for you then okay and it is only short term. For me it is a permanent life choice. Dont worry about the surgery putting you off plan, you will probably have to be NBM nil by mouth for several hours pre-op and not feel like eating much after. Hope everything goes well and the weight you have already lost will be very helpful for your recovery. Better off than on.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I think that juice would be far too high in sugar for me. I’ve put on weight from eating two small carrots in a day, and beets send me into a full on carb-craving cycle. Juiced they’d be even worse because there’s zero fiber left. I used to juice — one of the many attempts I made to control my constant weight gain with “healthy” practices — but stopped doing it when I realized it was worse for me than eating a sandwich.

Have you counted the carbs as well as the calories? What are the total carb and sugar grams in a serving?

I’m pleased it’s working for you and wish you all the best in achieving your ultimate goal weight, but for those of us with blood sugar issues and serious carb addictions, I don’t think this juice would be an optimal solution.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi chef Bramalee! I have a high opinion of a lot of the ingredients that you have included in your liquid diet, but
    like Esnecca, I think 2.2 lbs of carrots represents a great deal of carbs, in my opinion. Net carbs for 1 medium beet is
    5.5gm, and 1 medium carrot is 4gm. You have certainly lost a significant amount of weight to date, but that could
    be as much the result of the calorie restriction compared to what you consumed before, as anything else. I’m
    in the U.S., and there is constant advertising here on pre-packaged meal plans like Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem,
    as well as liquid diets. I’ve always heartily objected to them because they do not teach you how to weigh and
    measure your own home cooked whole food, or what a healthy serving actually looks like. Like so many others
    here who have been successfully maintaining for months and months, this a plan for life, not a quick fix weight
    loss solution. Best of luck to you going forward!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi chef Bramalee – as others here have said, for me, this juice diet would be far too high in carbs, even though it has some good healthy ingredients.

For those of us looking to maintain ourr weight loss, we need to understand how to use real food on a day to day basis and to understand how our bodies react to certain foods. Obviously this juice solution has been working as a fast way to get to your end goal, but at some point, it will be necessary to formulate a way forward, so that the weight doesn’t sneak back and the juice solution isn’t really preparing you for that transition.

Best of luck to you for your upcoming surgery – hope it all goes well and you will have a speedy recovery, and best wishes to you in transitioning to maintenance at the end of your weight loss.

Please log in or register to post a reply.