Day 3 🥴😱😱

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Afarquhar
    on

Day 3 and I’m still feeling awful. Headaches, brain fog, nausea, it all started day 1. I’m hoping I’ll turn a corner tomorrow, I’m so determined to do this!

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi, I can really empathize. It sounds like you’ve got the dreaded carb flu. Mine passed in a couple of days. It’s really important to drink loads of water and up your salt intake. Take things as easy as you can. It will be pass and then you’ll start to feel better than you did before. I promise,! Hang on in there.

• posted by Cheeselover
    on

Hi Afarquhar
    I am on day 4 and feeling brain fog and fatigue. After reading some of the posts elsewhere I think I will try some electrolyte solution. And more water.
    Hope you’re feeling better soon. There’s so many people on here with long-term positive stories to tell, I’m sure this feeling must be temporary.
    Cheers
    Cheeselover

• posted by alliecat
    on

It very much is, cheeselover! These are withdrawal symptoms, indicative of carb/sugar dependency. It’s not the result
    of this way of eating, and it shouldn’t last long. Not everyone goes through it, but it can be unpleasant! Extra salt might
    help, but in the end, you just have to muscle through it for @ a week, and then you should start to feel wonderful and
    full of energy. Just hang in there! It will pass 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

You are changing your body from running on the fuel you feed it each day to feeding on your fat. – Which does involve a lot of changes in processes. – Your body holds water to help it with processing carbs, and releases the stored water when you move to fat burning. As it releases the water the kidneys also release salt, which is why you need to take extra salt.
    Also have you changed your intake of coffee as part of the change in diet? That can also cause headaches initially.

• posted by Cheeselover
    on

Thanks Alliecat and JGwen
    I don’t normally use alot of salt, the electrolye fizzy tab had plenty of NaCl as well as other salts and potassium which Michael mentioned in The Fast800 book. Already feeling better.
    I’ll try adding a little salt to my food, thanks again.
    Cheesy

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Cheeselover, can I also say that before starting on this diet a lot of people are eating some form of processed foods even if it is just a can of baked beans or a ready made soup or even worse, ready meals. These contain a lot of salt and most people are seriously exceeding the safe level (6g per day or a teaspoon). When you change to this plan you will be doing a lot from scratch and not having all that added salt and your body will miss it for a while. Plus you are flushing salt out with the weight loss and hopefully drinking more water which will also dilute and flush the salt. You only need a tiny bit like a pinch on a boiled egg or whatever. I use real salt as the fine white refined stuff is also a mix of chemicals which stop it from clumping – forget what they are now but they are not good. Pure sea salt or salt from the lakes. It is strange at first because it is not white but grey looking but great stuff. Or you could buy the pretty pink Himalayan salt.

• posted by Afarquhar
    on

Thanks everyone, I’m 100% sticking to it. I’ve stopped caffeine too which won’t be helping. I’ve drank so much water, green tea and lemon tea too today.
    Day 4 tomorrow and I’m out for breakfast but I’ve checked the menu and will be having poached eggs and smoked salmon. The weekend will be the hardest.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Weekends are more of a challenge, Afarquar, your right. More socializing built in, so much more spontaneous. Planning
    ahead for any and all eventualities is the key, and avoiding the alcohol, which can easily undo all the good work done
    during the week. 🙂 Let us know how you navigate these waters!

• posted by Cheeselover
    on

Well done Afarquhar!
    I’ve had some cravings today and kept telling myself the momentary enjoyment of bread or whatever wouldn’t last as long as the annoyance I would feel. And it’s worked.
    Made the family homemade hamburgers for dinner and I had the salad and meat, no bread.
    Hope you have a great weekend everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.