Day 10 and feeling awful. Help.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Live to eat
    on

Hi guys!

I thought I’d ask if others had this same problem. I’ve been having headaches and muscle soreness for a couple of days now. I keep reading about the carb flu, but I thought this would have happened during week 1. And the muscle soreness is that feeling like I did squats the night before, but I haven’t.

Also, since starting the diet, I’m getting light headed when I stand up. This usually happens to me in summer anyway (I’m in Australia), but this is a lot worse than usual. (Blood pressure is normal)

I’m getting very jealous of the people who are saying they have loads more energy; I haven’t felt like that at all since starting, and have only felt drained of energy. I’m surprised people can even exercise on this diet. I can barely lift my 6kg kettle bell since starting. Blow drying my hair is an effort!

I’m drinking loads of water, eating really well, have dropped 2.5kg so far (currently stalled this week), however I am not diabetic. I am an anxious person, and I do wonder if I’m creating a lot of the I’ll effects in my head?? Can anyone relate?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, Live to eat. It doesn’t sound as if you’ve switched over to fat burning yet. When you do,
    you will have a limitless supply of energy! What are your daily carb levels?
    One tip for the dizziness is to use a bit of sea salt on your food, or even a few flakes in the palm
    of your hand. That usually clears it right up 🙂
    Hang in there, it will get better!

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

Hello Live to Eat

That was just like me when I started the Fast 800 some time ago. I had hardly the energy to get up the stairs and that was 6 weeks into it! Standing up was just the same. It does go eventually. In my case, I had a lot of candida die-off going on. Do you think this might be the case with you?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi LivetoEat – sounds like you have a bad case of the carb flu. Like Allie, I’m wondering what your daily carb intake is, as it’s important to get it low enough for your body to switch to using your fat supplies as fuel. Also, are you making sure you have fats in your menu? This is important, as this also helps to kick your body into fat burning mode.

I’m confident that if you stick with it, it will all come right and you will get through this flu phase and the weight will start to drop again. Hope you will soon be feeling better and seeing positive changes soon.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Along the lines of more salt, another option is a salty-dish broth. It is an easy way to get more salt and the hot broth is also very comforting and filling. Good luck. Hang in there. The pains you are experiencing are usually linked to extra weight loss….your body hasn’t quite figured things out yet so it even burns extra to try to catch up. If you can stick with it another 2-3 days I am sure you will see an improvement. Do try the broth with extra salt.

• posted by Live to eat
    on

Hi guys!

Thank you so much! What a bunch of legends, you all are! I will try all of your tips and let you know how I feel!
    I haven’t been counting my carbs, to be honest, just my calorie intake. I’m vegetarian, so a normal day for me looks like:
    – Berries and yoghurt with nuts
    – Pumpkin and leek frittata with spinach and sunflower seeds
    – Lentil and feta salad
    I’ve only been focusing on excluding refined/starchy carbs, however not counting them.
    Thanks again guys!

• posted by Live to eat
    on

Hi Maid2Measure,

I have no idea about the candida. How do I even notice that?

Cheers

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

You may notice that your stool is different but its different for everyone. You may not have it at all, but it just sounded so similar to me. There’s a questionnaire here but I’m not advocating self diagnosis necessarily 🙂
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-questionnaire/
    If you have it, then you are doing the best diet, so it shouldn’t be a problem

• posted by Live to eat
    on

Hi Maid2Measure,

Ok. That’s interesting. I don’t fall into the category of Candida, but my stool was something special today! Let’s just say I won’t ever be eating lemon/lime jelly ever again! Too much information? Sorry!!

Thank you for your help though. It’s just nice to know that others feel the same thing. I am hoping for some relief soon 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.