Day 1 – sooooo hungry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pirellibelli
    on

Oh my goodness please tell me it gets easier? So far I’ve had portobello mushrooms with goats cheese and pine nuts, and jewelled feta stuffed peppers. Sooo hungry!!

• posted by onthelam
    on

I’m so glad I’m not alone!
    ive had scrambled eggs and mackeral pate – the only thing which seems to be working for me is ive had a few cups of strong black coffee and a pint of water. im up to 5 pints already haha.

Keep at it, think of your thinner, happier self. 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

When you start out, most of what you think is hunger is actually cravings. You will find that as you withdraw from the effect of the easy carbs that cause the cravings you will begin to recognise, and even sometimes welcome real hunger. Keep on keeping on, and it will definitely get better.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi Pirellibelli, if you take a look at the Clever Guts book, MM says that two things happen when we go on a diet – I.e reduce calories – the first is that we produce more grehlin – the hormone that makes us feel hungry, and less leptin – the hormone that tells us we’re full! I’m guessing this is an ancestral mechanism to guard against starvation but obviously for those of us who are reducing calories to lose weight seems like nature trying to sabotage our efforts. The good news is that if you can ‘tough it out’, these hormones do eventually recalibrate. Studies have shown that if people can keep weight off for a year, their bodies ‘get used’ to the new weight and so they are less likely to re-gain weight. Remember that the BSD is a way of life for health – the weight-loss is just one of the benefits.
    Keep going – you will get there.

SSB

• posted by Aimi
    on

I’m on day 4 and today was the first day I didn’t feel overwhelmed with hunger 😄

Please log in or register to post a reply.