Davina recipe not good?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Moobaawoof
    on

I bought Davina’s latest book Smart Carbs immediately after reading MM’s latest book The BSD. Both books are informed by nutritionists – I certainly wouldn’t have bought Davina’s book otherwise. MM’s book says roasted sweet potato has a high gi, and is effectively candied. Guess which recipe is in the Davina book?! It makes me worry about how good the rest of her recipes are. Many contain root veg for example. Any thoughts?

• posted by Rubbu
    on

Hi there
    I have not referenced Davina’s book but one thing you could try is use my fitness pal to enter the ingredients with the related portions/measurements and the app will provide you with total calories, carbs, fat, protien and sugar. The bsd book does advise to stay away from starchy veg (mainly those grown under the ground) yet carrots seem ok to use but limit peas and sweet corn. It is confusing but I find mfp app very useful to really understand the carb content

• posted by Rubbu
    on

Just found this on http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/low-carb-food-list.html
    Low carb veg…..
    Alfalfa Sprouts
    Any leafy green vegetabl
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    Bamboo Shoots
    Bean Sprouts
    Beet Greens
    Bell peppers*
    Bok choy
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Cabbage
    Carrots*
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Celery root
    Chard
    Chives
    Collard greens
    Cucumbers
    Dandelion greens
    Dill pickles
    Garlic
    Kale
    Leeks
    Lettuces and salad greens (arugula, Boston lettuce, chicory, endive, escarole, fennel, mache, radicchio, romaine, sorrel.)
    Mushrooms
    Olives
    Onions*
    Radishes
    Sauerkraut (watch for added sugar)
    Scallions
    Shallots
    Snow Peas
    Spinach
    Sprouts
    Summer squash*
    Swiss chard
    Tomatoes*
    Turnips
    Water chestnuts
    * Limit amounts of these vegetables, as they are higher in carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.