CURE FOR CRAMPS

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I know a lot of you on this diet have been suffering from cramps. We are told there are lots of reasons like water flushing out salts, too little salt, change of diet or, as is my case, medication causing it. I usually wake up at least once during the night with cramp in my calf muscle, sometimes it is in my foot. Sometimes it is screaming in pain type cramp, sometimes just a jumping up and down type. If I dont have cramp during the night, as soon as I attempt to stretch to wake up my leg goes into cramp. I guess you are getting the picture.

I was browsing the internet last week when I saw an article. It was an osteopath just talking, not trying to sell anything, just telling her story. The cure for cramp is to put a piece of soap (dry) in your bed, preferably near your feet but not where it will annoy you. I have been doing this for a week and not had cramp once, so I have gone from every night to none at all. Dont ask me how it works but if you google it she explains it is some chemical soap releases into the air that is the cure. It can be any hand washing type soap, she mentions Dove, baby soap, perfumed, unperfumed and it works until the soap goes too dry when all you do is scrap into the soap to get a fresh layer and it will work again.

Just try it and see, it costs next to nothing – I get mini soaps from cruise, ferry and hotels – they all work.

Please log in or register to post a reply.