Cream

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Seyiall
    on

Hi everyone first post. I have just started the Fast 800 and day 4. I am having trouble with drinking black tea and coffee. I was wondering if I could have cream with my tea and coffee and would this interfere with going into Ketosis. I’m doing 12:12 and having about 4 cups of tea day ? If so can I use Almond milk ??

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hello Seyiall
    I too cannot drink coffee or tea black. MMosley says in his newest book that if you are doing TRE (as you are) he says “a splash of milk in tea or coffee is fine (during the fasting period) but don’t over do it” He also says that when we move into this way of eating it needs to be sustainable for us.
    I’ve been doing low carb (on and off) for about 3.5 years. I do have milk in coffee during my 16:8 “fast”. I use Australian brand VitaSoy Soy Milk – Protein version. This has no added sugar and is their lowest carb soy milk. I usually have about 120ml across the day – only 2.5g carb and 6 calories. It keeps me on track and doesn’t take me out of keto – and I count it into my daily macros. I imagine the same for almond milk (I just don’t enjoy the taste of that in coffee but use it in cooking etc)
    I have to start my day with coffee ☕☕ and this way I find this WOE is sustainable for me.
    Join in to the weekly thread Seyiall “One week at a time….” and ask as many questions as you like 😊😊😊
    Merry in Melb

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

That should be 2.5g carb and 63 calories!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have heard that a pinch of salt can take away the bitterness of black coffee.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thanks JGwen – good tip. Or maybe Seyiall might like bullet coffee. I have tried the salt but it didn’t work for me sadly 😀😀. I like to taste a bit of creaminess in my coffee. 😋.

• posted by JGwen
    on

It may seem sad but I have got into using a teaspoon of gravy granules to add flavour to a mug of hot water with a couple of large pinches of salt as a hot drink which reduces carb intake. – I estimate (because fatsecret doesn’t give clear figures for anything other than gravy) that I can have 5 of these during the day in place of one mug of coffee.

• posted by Seyiall
    on

Thanks MerryMelba
    I will definitely will try the Soy or Almond milk ☕️

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Not sad JGwen! In the winter a cup of Bovril/Bonox is a lovely warmer – and sometimes I use miso. Those salty warm flavours give a boost.

• posted by JGwen
    on

But you haven’t seen me puzzling on what to put in fat secret. 🙂 – It has an entry for gravy made with the granules, but no description on how thick that gravy is…….

Please log in or register to post a reply.