Courgetti

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dougieb
    on

Bought the book last week and most of it makes sense. Bought a spiraliser and tried the courgetti bolognaise , excellent if I say so myself and so did the rest of the family. Looking forward to trying new things, losing weight and hopefully get the blood sugar levels down.

• posted by Debsym62
    on

The courgetti is great isn’t it? I had been wanting a spiralizer for ages and this has been the perfect excuse to get one and actually use it lol.

• posted by BadDieter
    on

I was really against trying courgette but my a boyfriend bought the spiralizer and I love it! Courgetti bolognaise is lovely. I had a tiny bit of cheese on mine as a treat last night after skipping lunch (busy day at work). It felt like I’d really splashed out after sticking to the diet all week.

• posted by Lesleyp
    on

We’ve just got one too, and are loving it!
    Just finished our first week and I have lost 7lbs…. I know that is a lot, but I was very bloated after Christmas so a lot if that will be fluid.
    Onwards…..

• posted by Santan
    on

Can anyone tell me which spiralizer they have? I have looked online & it’s a bit of a minefield – so many to chose from & they all look so similar! Help please!!!

• posted by Melanie
    on

Hi, I have the Hemsley & Hemsley one. Only downside if you are a gadget queen like me is storing it. I spotted some smaller gadgets in Steamer Trading.

• posted by Laska
    on

I thought about a sprialiser, but then its just another kitchen gadget to store so I got a juleinne peeler instead .. it does the same thing , but is much cheaper ( mine was £3.99 ) and you can store it in the cutlery drawer!

• posted by Sparkletutu
    on

There really is no need to buy another gadget as Tesco and M&S now sell spiralised veg. Courgette, butternut squash and carrots. They also do very fine vegetable rice (base for gravy and soup) and cauliflower rice/couscous. Preparing cauliflower rice in a food processor is very messy! The pots are about £1 each and they hold quite a lot.

• posted by Melanie
    on

I’d not buy the pre prepared stuff as its considerably higher in price. Fine if you have the cash but we are on an economy drive. I find making all of the above simple & quick EXCEPT squash which I often switch out for sweet potato. I’d rather treat myself to a juice out as cleaning a juicer is such a chore!

• posted by Lesleyp
    on

So agree with the above, prepared veg are never as goods doing your own…

• posted by AnnaJennings
    on

I’ve seen the fresh cauliflower rice in Tesco, but I bought some of the packaged cauliflower rice in Indian pilau and plain, made by CauliRice company, I think., also sold in Tesco. Quite handy when in a hurry, although I do make my own too. I had the Indian one with some quickly stir fried prawns last night, flavoured with madras curry powder, ginger, garlic and chilli – very tasty!

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

We have an “Easy Store” model from Lakeland. After use, it all packs away – handle, blades and all – into a package about the size and shape of a small tin loaf. Works and cleans very well. Cost just over £30 I seem to remember.

Please log in or register to post a reply.