could we have a forum about the 8 week bsd book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bena
    on

I have some questions as I read the book:
    is it 300g Almonds or some other number?
    is a TBL spoon my silver table spoon or the small plastic one?

I would suggest a title “Questions on the DSB book”

Thanks
    ben

• posted by orchid
    on

Ben, You can get a set of measuring spoons (metal or plastic) and a tablespoon is 15ml – your sliver spoon may be around that – mine delivers 16ml. It is easier is to use a convertor and then weigh on digital scales. There are a lot of calculators on the web – search under tablespoon to grams (or oz) and it put in the number of tablespoons you need. An example of one below.
    http://calculator-converter.com/converter_tbsp_to_g_tablespoons_to_grams_calculator.php
    Without a page reference, and some context I can’t help you the almond question.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Bena

You have just set up your own forum so feel free to keep asking the questions.

• posted by neohdiver
    on

Orchid – be careful with volume to weight converters. The weight will depend on the density of what is being measured by volume. A tablespoon of mercury, for example, would weigh considerably more than a tablespoon of ground cinnamon.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’d advise against eating the mercury, even if it is low carb …

• posted by neohdiver
    on

😛

• posted by Steve T
    on

Wish the book was spiral bound so it would lie flat when you’re trying to follow a recipe. My copy is already liberally splattered and fingerprinted with various recipe “samples”. I’ll be eating it at the end – why waste all that goodness?!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Steve t,
    Photo copy the recipe pages, put them into plastic pockets put into a folder or use string to bind them together. If no plastic pockets use butty bags, staple together like a book.
    You can then spill everything into them, wipe clean. If really bad, bin and photocopy again.

Hope this helps.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Steve, to follow on from what Lucia has said: if you google daily mail 8 week blood sugar diet. You will find 5 articles by M.M, 2-5 have the recipes – with colour photos! Print them off and what I have done is stuck them in a hard backed A4 book which I use to put recipes in. You could also print off some recipes from this web site and stick them in too.

Good luck 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.