Costa

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello All, I have a real fancy for a creamy cooler, I know cream isn’t banned on this diet but I wondered if anyone could advise which would be the most BSD friendly, or if they would have them on this diet! I’d be grateful for advice, many thanks.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I am happy to say that I do not know what you are talking about. What is a creamy cooler? I have only visited said firm once and walked out after they refused to serve me a proper hot coffee. I would never pay myself for any of the milk products that are now being sold on the high street, but then I am over 60 now and am perfectly happy with milk and/or water with a teaspoonful of instant coffee. Perhaps I should not have commented but single posts look a bit lonely on a forum!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Baristagirls

If you’re in the UK the cold, creamy drinks served in Costa & Starbucks are full of sugar. Last year I watched one being made and I couldn’t believe how much sugar was added to the mix😱

I’d definitely avoid them!

A search on their website should tell you how much sugar/ how many carbs are in each drink.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello both, thanks for your replies. The ones they’ve made for me in the past consist of already liquidised fruit (in those mixer things), and ice, cream is swirled inside and on top. I’ve seen them do the cream, it’s whipping milk that they shake up.

• posted by Frog
    on

I got rather p’d off with Costa when having toted a loyalty card around with me for six years, I asked what to do with it & where there ever any rewards – apparently I had to register it online.
    After six years I have nearly enough points for a single expresso. Now avoiding costa as assiduously as starbucks – sticking to waitrose freebies and independent stores.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Get a blender and make your own – that way you know exactly what’s in it.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Baristagirls,

I know this isn’t creamy, or even store bought for that matter, but last summer I was enjoying iced tea with a sprinkling of rose water and a sprig of mint. Home made, I would make black tea, put in the the refrigerator until chilled, add a dash of rosewater and the sprig of mint – delicious and refreshing.

Please log in or register to post a reply.