Confused…. 4 weeks in….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Paddingtonbsd
    on

Hi, 4 weeks in, I’ve only lost 6 lbs. my waist has gone down by a couple of inches, I have been averaging 1000 kcal per day, I exercise by walking the dog 2-3 miles per day and I have a physical job 2 days a week. If I’m honest I thought I would’ve lost more by now, surely even though I’m over the 800 calories a 1000 calories per day is not a lot and I should be losing something? I lost 5lbs in my first week and then just a pound this week. I have about 45 lbs to lose. I am careful to keep my carbs around 50g per day but I do go over the calorie limit as I’ve already said. Any suggestions. V disheartened at the moment…….

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If you are losing waist inches then visceral fat is going which is the whole point of the diet so that is great news. For some reason visceral fat loss rarely records itself as an actual weight loss, since when the fat is removed from the organ it can repair itself and start preparing to store glycogen again. This must include something that weighs the same, but takes up less space being retained, probably water. Keep going, when the visceral fat is gone then other fat sources will be burnt too, and that will show on the scales but I believe the body will use the most dangerous supply up first. Use the tape measure to keep track of progress, or the fitting of clothes, but don’t allow yourself to become disheartened when it is working so well.

• posted by Paddingtonbsd
    on

Thank you mixnmatch

• posted by WeeScot
    on

I am also at 4 weeks in have stuck to the diet and this morning when I weighed myself I have put weight on! Having only lost 5lbs in the first month. Your post made me measure my stomach and it has gone down an inch. But like you I remain confused when I read of all the success where am I going wrong? But thanks mixnmatch I will stick with it as I caught sight of myself in a full length mirror at the weekend and it was horrible plus I am prediabetic

Please log in or register to post a reply.