Compiling own recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nettie58
    on

Hi, I am all set to start the 8week BS Diet however I would like to have the confidence to put my own recipes together even though there is a good array of recipes in the book. I wonder if someone could help me with the breakdown of protein, fats, and non-starchy carbs per day/over the 800 cals. Thanks so much in advance!

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Hi Nettie,
    that sounds like a great idea, wishing you success with the recipes. You might find it useful to use the Calorie King Website which i believe is still free on line. Its probably similar to many apps but I found it really helpful. I won’t try to explain it you’re best having a look. It is Australian and I assume you’re in UK but it should still be applicable for most foods.

• posted by Nettie58
    on

Thank you for your reply. Actually I am in Australia, Perth. I have MyFitnessPal but I was wondering how many grams of protein and fat I should be having per day…

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Nettie58, I”m also in Perth, G’day, At first I just tried to follow the calories ,I use the S health app which comes with my samsung, Then, when I was not doing so well I started tracking the carbs.If I’m really disorganized I have 100gms of meat and a salad.Its not perfect but its better than eating a heap of carbs.what suburb are you at?would you like to get in touch?

• posted by Nettie58
    on

Hi Butterlover, thanks for your reply. Just starting out I am trying to use the recipes in the book but I’m keen to have a little more flexibility in using my own recipes. I can’t find anywhere that advises the breakdown of protein per day and fats and carbs per day for 800 cals. I guess you can’t go too wrong with 100g protein and a salad – add some avocado and feta perhaps for fats. Thanks for your reply. I live in Sorrento but as I work full time and keep weekends clear for family stuff I don’t have a lot of time….. Thank you for your advice though and the best of luck on your BS Diet also!

• posted by Sandgroper
    on

Hi Nettie, the recipe book has the nutritional info for each meal plus a diet plan so you could calculate the requirements thereby adding them up for the day. Then on calorie king you put in what you eat, which info you want and it calculates the carbs etc you consume for each meal if you are doing your own. My husband and I are both doing this, he’s already lost 2kg in 3 days !!

• posted by LizV
    on

I find that I do better if I eat more (healthy) fats, i.e. less cravings, less hunger pangs, more energy. This amounts to just slightly more fats than protein on any day. I also try to get at least 13 g of fiber as that feels more satisfying and keeps me regular. One great thing about this so far is that my body is much more aware of what it needs. Whatever you start with, once you’ve adapted past the sugar/ carb cravings, you’ll have a better sense of what you need. My advice is to prioritize the fat and get enough salt! Especially days 4-6. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.