Coming to the End of the 8 Week BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cary
    on

Well I am 7 weeks into the BSD diet now. Thanks for all the words of encouragement everyone.

My weight loss is 16.8kg in 7 weeks now.
    Week 1 3.5kg
    Week 2 5.1kg 8.6kg total
    Week 3 2.4kg 11.0kg total
    Week 4 1.6kg 12.6kg total
    Week 5 2.1kg 14.7kg total
    Week 6 0.9kg 15.6kg total
    Week 7 0.4kg 16.0kg total
    Week 8(1 day) 0.8kg 16.8kg total

Nearing the end of the 8 weeks now, I’m thinking of what to do next.
    Should I continue on 800 calories or switch to the 5:2 approach?
    I have another 11.8kg to go to my target !!!
    I feel like I can carry on at least till Christmas with the 800BSD as I’m still motivated, but concerned that the weight loss has slowed down a lot. Appreciate thoughts and advice for post 8weeks 🙂

Best wishes to everyone with this life transforming diet !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Join us on our Strictly thread 4 weeks to Xmas, you would manage to fit that in for a final push. 25th today so a month to go. Some of us are well over the 8 weeks but still carrying on with the 800 fast and 50 carbs.

• posted by Cary
    on

Thank you 🙂
    I’m feeling motivated for at least another 4 weeks, but as my weight loss has slowed wondered if it was worth while

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done CARY! x you’ve done so well!
    Why not give it another whirl before Xmas? seeing as theres just about time to squeeze it in?
    You may be happily surprised to find you lose a whole lot more!
    I’ve been doing BSd for 20 weeks almost and plan to do 24 weeks altogether…
    there are times when the weightloss slows down,but then speeds up again in what we call here a “whoosh moment”.. You step on the scales and theres suddenly a big drop in pounds while at same time a big lift in yr heart!
    So far ive lost 4 stone.
    Real proof that BSD weight loss can continue healthily well beyond 8 or 24 weeks tho comes from our CAPTAIN LYNNE who followed BSD from last December til recently,and lost over 100 lbs,and continued to lose while just wanting to maintain,and has been featured in a newspaper article on the BSD diet.
    I dont think i could cope that long myself,but Lynne has to be our ultimate success story,losing so much weight and inches and doing so much to improve her health in all those committed weeks and months!
    Its yr choice tho..you’ll still lose weight if you go back to 5:2 or do the BSD fast of a more enticing 800 cals twice a week! By the way,while you were 5:2 ing,were you a member of the Fast Day forum? X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps CARY! Just seen you over on the strictly thread! Wahey! Jump on the sleigh…the reindeer are carrying us all towards looking our best for christmas and starting 2017 slimmer,healthier,happier! X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks for the mention Yowzer 😀

It’s hard to think how long I’ve been doing the BSD – don’t thin I ever stuck to a diet for so long- but this isn’t a diet, it’s a new way of life!

With everything that’s being thrown at me recently, on top of it being ones of the busiest things me in my working year, I am sure I’d not have coped weighing what. Did last year. This has been a particularly stressful ten days – in the past I’d have been at the comfort food (carbs) but I can honestly say that now they don’t interest me at all. It’s definitely an advantage of staying with the BSD long-term, it gives the body chance to adjust and tastes to change.

The question now is: do I start a new notebook on 19th December (my first BSD anniversary) or start writing my BSD records in a diary on 1st January?

• posted by cmawp
    on

Cary, well done on your progress to date. You must feel great.

Why not keep it up?

Don’t worry about the losses slowing down. A loss is a loss – put them together and they make a big number.

I moved onto 1000cal a day and have been doing this for 3 weeks. I’m still losing and if anything the losses are smoothing out rather than big loss followed by small loss. I think this is because the larger food volume allows things to pass through me more consistently.

Yowzer49 and captainlynne, very well done to both of you. Between the 3 of us we have lost 240lb, yikes!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Actually, make that 220lb. But still, that’s the weight of a larger than average person!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Cmawp – I must have lost the equivalent weight of one of my twin granddaughters (9 in January) plus more. And I’d not like to carry either of them around😱

Interestingly, C (the younger by a minute) feels really light if you pick her up. But G feels heavy! A few years ago we were having a group hug when G lifted her feet off the ground – and hurt my back!

Oh – my total loss today is 103 pounds!

• posted by Cary
    on

Thank you Yowser and congratulations on your weight loss.
    You were absolutely right about the “whoosh moment” I had one yesterday 7 weeks and 4 days into the diet and hit 18.4kg lost (40 lbs) in 7 weeks 3 days. I accelerated my activity significantly at the weekend though. You were right and in my eigth week I’m totally motivated to continue till at least Christmas.
    Bought a new polo shirt yesterday, two sizes below my previous and got it for £13 from £34, in a Black Friday event. I’ve never been able to buy clothes so inexpensively as the bigger sizes tend to be rarer and offers snapped up !

Thank you Yowser and best wishes

• posted by Cary
    on

Captain Lynne. Your results are simply amazing ! Well done, and very inspirational.
    My end goal is 100lbs weight loss which seems a long way from the 40lbs lost so far. You are so right that the diet is a new way of life, and I’ve accepted that gladly and don’t miss the old snacking and carb based diet. Your achievement and staying on the BSD has motivated me to keep on going.
    Its just great too that I could easily increase my exercise as actually the weight loss combined with the added fitness just makes it so much easier.
    Hero status officially given to you CL !

• posted by Cary
    on

Cmawp – thank you – and your results are fabulous, well done ! Thank you and I think I may follow your example of moving to 1000 calories a day after Christmas if I find it hard to continue at 800.

THANKS !

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Cary

• posted by Cary
    on

Well week 8 finished and a total loss of 18.0kg in the 8 weeks. Still a long way to go though but keeping it up. 800 BSD till Christmas and then a 5:2 approach I think.

A celebration with Crispy Peking Duck was so welcome !

Week 9 although continuing has been a complete plateau despite 20 hours of laying laminate flooring, and 75000 steps of speed walking. Ho hum. Strange thing is that I keep having water retention and very slow movements. Can’t figure that one !

Here’s to a Mince Pie at Christmas !

• posted by Cary
    on

Well week 9 has passed with a 2kg weight gain then a pleasant surprise of a 3kg loss.
    Now 19.6kg lost in 9 weeks 2 days.

Don’t let water retention and slow movements depress you everyone. Your longer term weight loss always shows through even though you may get stalls or increases for a while 😃🎄

Please log in or register to post a reply.