Coconut flour flatbread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Don’t often eat at lunchtime now, but made an exception today.

Have to wait in for new printer to be delivered (old one decided to print in invisible ink – clever, but not helpful) so decided to try out this recipe

Thanks Bill, used 1tbsp coconut flour as you suggested and removed them from tin straight away. Used a non-stick tin and lightly oiled it – but it still stuck ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Smelt wonderful. Oh, it still does ๐Ÿ˜ƒ – must remember to use extractor hood!

Anyway, decided to eat it with 25g each of Brie and pรขtรฉ. And I couldn’t finish it. Still have half the bread and the pรขtรฉ left – must incorporate it into meal later!

Be interesting to see BG results in a few hours ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh – it really is delicious ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

So glad you enjoyed it Lynne God I can’t stop smiling today
    It does take a lot of chewing because of the high dietary fibre content but they are really filling aren’t they ?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Now, I wonder if I can get the twins to try it? he he.

I can just picture you with a great big smile on your face. I am so happy for you all ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Now relax and have a great weekend. x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Do the cheesecakey thing Lynne, they should love them ๐Ÿ˜€
    Relax ? I’ll do that when I pop off, this weekend is a celebration ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Good thinking Bill. Remind me how you did that, seem to remember strawberries and cream were involved?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

For anyone interested in such things, I’ve checked my bloods before and after eating this flatbread because I’ve never used coconut flour before. I could only manage half the flatbread, with 25g Brie and the results were: *drumroll*

Before eating 4.5
    1 hour afterwards 4.4
    2 hours afterwards 4.0

So I think that’s a keeper ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

As a point of interest, I don’t think I’ve seen a reading of 4.0 before ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

I am loving the sound of that one Captain…
    I’ll be trying it if I can ever find any of these flours in these little towns where I live.. hehehe I will track it down.

• posted by Clparsonz
    on

Could you post the recipe for this please?
    Ta
    Claire

Please log in or register to post a reply.