Chewing Gum

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Harvey51
    on

Will chewing gum break my fast or would it be OK?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Harvey, sorry no one has answered your question. It is rather specific. You might find an answer by using Google or looking through some of the Keto or Fasting video on YouTube. I can recommend Dr Becky Gillespie and I have watched loads but she has never mentioned chewing gum. I guess it would depend on whether or not it contained any sugar or sugar substitues, which most of them do.

As you have been diagnosed T2 you might want to try a gentler way to get your BG down as you are going to have to live with this for a long time. Drop in on the weekly thread for a combination of different approaches. I am 800 cals BSD all the way but you could get some advice on fasting – as a T2 it is not something I would do as I dont feel safe although I do Time Restricted Eating from early evening to having a late breakfast – around 14 hours.

Please log in or register to post a reply.