Channel 4 new starters?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Luella
    on

Anyone who is watching the TV show on channel 4 and is starting the blood sugar 800 diet welcome. I’m on day 2 so any buddies out there would be much appreciated. I did try this diet a couple of years ago and failed. But I’m back again hoping for a massive loss over the next 6 months. I have 4 stone to lose.

• posted by sabu1516
    on

Yes, I’m joining in this week starting tomorrow as I need to get my shopping list/menu sorted. I’ve been using blood sugar recipes for some time now as they are delicious but I’ve not been successful at sticking to portion size and giving up alcohol! With my waist now at 40 inches I am determined to do something about it so fingers crossed my resolve will be strong. Following the Channel 4 series will help. Does anyone have the portion sizes for the blueberry/cinnamon/walnut /cottage cheese breakfast – really fancy trying this.

• posted by Luella
    on

Great! Nice to start together. I’ve been no sugar/ no flour for a while too but portion size has been an issue… so hence me doing this. I’m on Day 3 and haven’t had a crash because I didn’t have sugar anyway (and I’ve given up drinking after lockdown!)… so feeling good. My waist is even bigger so I really need to do this!!

• posted by Squidge
    on

I did the diet before, got to my target weight and stayed at it for nearly two years. My weight had started to creep up a little, then during lockdown I put on quite a lot (but still a stone less than before I started the BSD). All due to allowing refined carbs back into my diet. I started to get back on track just before the programme, but that’s helped my motivation.

Don’t know my waist size – I’ll see if I can find a tape measure.

• posted by Lesbot
    on

Yes new starter. Never done this diet before but my brother in law has and did very well. I felt I’ve had an issue with sugar for some time and put on weight due to lazy eating habits during lockdown. Watched the programme, re-read the book and feeling very motivated. Currently on day 6 and lost 6lbs

• posted by Luella
    on

Hey squidge. Must feel good if you’ve done it before and you’re back again.

• posted by Luella
    on

6llbs in 6 days is awesome! I’ve haven’t lost that much yet but I was already not eating much flour/ sugar so I don’t think I’ll get the initial big loss. A week in, and I’m really not hungry… and managed to fast from 6pm last night to 3pm today… hoping that will kick start my loss. Ate some nuts and looking forward to dinner. Not sure if I’m in ketosis yet as I did eat some bread on Saturday which will have taken me out of it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.