Cat's diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Catonamission
    on

Hello- thought posting on here would keep me accountable and Izzy’s diary has inspired me!
    So I’m on day three today.
    Day one:
    B: Yogurt and oats
    L: tuna, tomato, cucumber, butter bean salad
    D: fajita chicken(with peppers and onion) and tomato, cheese – it was delicious!
    The day was OK, but felt very irritable and very tired in the evening. Went to bed at 9 and it was Friday night! Still felt tired and irritable in the morning.
    Day two:
    No breakfast, it was Saturday and I got up later
    L: smoked salmon muffins from the recipes on here, tomato
    D: cauliflower pizza, tomato
    S: FF natural yoghurt with strawberries and poppy seeds
    Then had enough allowance left for some pistachios! Yum!
    So far I have to say I’ve been impressed by how much real, natural food I’ve eaten. I’ve been on all the diets before – calorie counting, slimming world etc and end up eating processed crap or lots of sweetners. This is great for making you eat more real food.
    I have to say though, so far I am constantly thinking about how I’m on this low cal diet! Can’t not think about it.
    Anyway, start of day three..
    So far – one small clem and some water. I must drink more water! Especially as it’s lovely and sunny πŸ™‚
    Happy sunday folks, happy eating xx

on

Wow. Just weighed myself. 4 pounds gone! In two days! I’ve been trying to get rid of those four pounds since November when slimming world just stopped working for me (I lost motivation!)
    This IS going to work. I WILL do it (even with the smell of hubby’s fry-up in the air!) X

• posted by Izzy
    on

well done Cat! I find slimming world doesnt work for me either. too much freedom with carbs for us I think. You can plan yourself in a fry up!

on

Thanks Izzy. Yeah slimming world worked for a couple of months but then I don’t really know what happened but it just became ‘guilt on a monday’ when I got weighed, finally saw the light and stopped paying for the guilt!! Was self sabotaging I think. Anyway, about to tuck into some smoked salmon muffins. One question- are clems ok?
    X

on

Today went well and I did drink more water, however did notice myself having the odd nibble of the kids food. MUsT stop that NOW, before a nibble turns into a nobble turns into a gobble!

on

Woken up very early this morning by the youngest. Days like this are hard as I’ve got more hours to get through and I’m tired.
    Going to have to work hard to stay on track today….day four. X

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Cat
    You can do it, we know you can! You can be proud of yourself for doing this and wanting to be fit and healthy not just yourself but for your kids as well!
    Keep it up!
    Linda

on

Thanks Linda! I’m going to keep your words in my head today xx

on

End of day four

B: none
    L: 2 smoked salmon muffins and cucumber, tomato, feta salad
    D: courgetti and quorn bolognaise with cheese

Tried courgetti for the first time today- not what I expected! It grew on me as the meal went on, will give it another go I think. Did microwave it first (tried the packet bought version) but wasn’t very nice so fred it in a teaspoon of olive oil with salt and pepper- did improve it.

Now got some cals left for pistachios and a fizzy water to keep me going this eve. Am feeling more energetic now today is over and don’t feel hungry (though wouldn’t mind something sweet!)

Hope you have all had good days. We can do this! X

on

Start of day five…five pounds gone! That’s such an incentive to keep going. Looked on the recipe section on here last night and planned the rest of the week. Off to the ships to re- stock!
    Also, stumbled upon a TV prog last night ‘eating well with Helmsley and Helmsley’ os something like that- good recipe ideas! X

on

End of day five and I am feeling flipping fantastic!
    I have so much energy and am not at all tired as I used to be in the day (which I thought was normal! ) Been to zumba which I loved. I’m usually an active person- I run, go to zumba and yoga but since starting the diet I felt to tired/low in energy and knew that would change so went easy on myself in terms of exercise as my body was adjusting. Today was my first session of exercise on the diet and I loved it! Still buzzing!
    Am finding the 800 cals pretty easy, and actually loving the food and my renewed interest in food and cooking. Today I made the beef and feta burgers- absolutely delicious! Did find myself craving carbs today but jist kept telling myself that it’d normal and it will pass. I did buy a bar of green and blacks dark choc with ginger and have had 3 squares (50 cals) which was divine! Much nicer than a whole big bar of normal choc I would have scoffed without thinking. Anyway, feeling very positive today and ready for tomorrow…going to makeep Izzy’s hunters chicken xx

on

Woohoo! 6 pounds lost! In 5 days! That’s making me happy. My starting weight was 12 stone. Getting excited as I near the 11 and a half mark.
    Again I have to mention how much energy I have! When I wake up I’m up as at it and I’ve been a terrible morning person my whole life. I’ve never seen the link between my diet and my feelings/wellbeing. I just thought I was normal.
    today- just made the hunters chicken sauce for later.it will be a rush when we get in at tea time. And got my lunch packed up ready- smoked salmon salad with ONE RYVITA! I’m not sure if these are allowed but trying it today. It’s a strange world when Ryvita seems a treat! πŸ™‚
    Happy day everyone xx

on

Just had Izzy’s hunters chicken- was delicious! Thanks Izzy.
    off out to yoga later and still feeling good and suprisingly not hungry!

on

Week 1 done and half a stone lighter! Enough said! Roll on week 2 x

on

Argh! Week 2 started disasterously! Went away and ATE! Really didn’t mean to but there was not much option so took the carb option. That was day 1 and 2 of week two- scales tole me I’d put on 3 pounds! But I am back on the right track. Today tried to draw the line. Have had my 800 cals but not totally carb free so that is tomorrow’s mission.
    Writing it all down there made it seem a lot less of a deal than it actually feels in my head. I’m annoyed that I slipped up so soon and annoyed I’ve gained weight but trying to draw the line and move forward.
    I’ve also learned things;
    – I feel rubbish when I eat carbs
    – I feel all sluggish and have tummy ache
    – I don’t like the taste of normal chocolate anymore!!! I have to remember that!
    – there will be other times I am tempted- I need to plan for them and steer around them.
    Planning tomorrow now and going to re read some of the book to help x

on

So am back on it and feeling good. 2 pounds of my 3 put on are back off and I’m fairly sure I will be back to my 7 pound total loss tomorrow.
    Am back feeling good again so bring on tomorrow!
    L: quiche and salad
    D: cauliflower pizza and tomato x

on

Been totally back on it since Monday. Total off now is 9 pounds. So feel pleased I’ve managed to get back on the wagon and lose the weight I put on last weekend and then some.
    Feeling good again but today very tired. Can’t believe I’ve nearly done week 2….1/4 of the way! X

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Sounds like great progress Catonamission!
    I have that cookbook Hemsley and Hemsley sisters and loads of good ideas in itπŸ‘πŸ‘ they have a blog too with more too, really good.

Though had chicken and pesto from Michael’s book this evening and it was soooo delicious!😝
    reading about a few pieces of green and black chocolate ummmm,πŸ™Š

on

Thanks! Will check out their website now. How is it all going for you? X

on

Not posted for four days. Four days that I found hard. I am realising I do find weekends hard. But back to it properly today (no extra houmous etc sneaking in) and spent yesterday reflecting. Realised writing on here helps keep me focused so I’m back!
    Today- weird start as hadn’t been food shopping. Started munching some old cereal without thinking but did stop before the end of the bowl! Went shopping and now sorted for the week, and managed to pull back the calories with meal choices.
    lunch: scrambled egg and smoked salmon
    din: chicken caesar salad
    x

• posted by Izzy
    on

welcome back πŸ™‚

I definitely find posting daily keeps me focussed! Well done for pulling it back with your meal choices.

I find the weekends harder as well but I use the time to try new recipes to keep me looking forward to my meals rather than nibbling things I shouldn’t. Hope next weekend is better for you.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

oo sorry Catonamission I didn’t notice your question a few days ago. I hope you’re still doing so well. I love your name – I left my purring puss on the window sill before I went to work – though the only time he’s on a mission is when there’s tuna involved :-)))

All going ok since I’ve finally ditched the annoying head/eye ache thing – but now I feel normal!

Am going out for dinner this evening and am determined to make only good choices! There’s loads of things I can eat, right? Like fish and veg or steak and veg etc – and hope that they don’t put too much oil and butter on everything – though I guess that’s ok as long as I avoid carbs… am going to do it anyway!

For anyone reading, I wouldn’t bother with the Spicy Bean Burgers in the book… mushy and not at all tasty, and they didn’t stick together at all! Ended up in the bin πŸ™ But that’s ok, loads more recipes to try. I like that idea Izzy of using weekends to try out new recipes as more time – makes it seem like a treat! Which it is I guess. πŸ™‚

Had scrambled eggs, celery and 25g of feta for breakfast, have saurkraut and tuna and tomatoes with me for lunch and as planned something respectable for dinner! On day 9 but it’s beginning to feel like a normal way of living. Had one square of 80% chocolate last night – was wondering afterwards if having that every now and again will stop me retraining my tastebuds? Hope not. Was seriously delicious though – having only a small bit made me appreciate every tiny scrap!

Here’s to another 2kg this week or even more. (Though any loss will be ok with me) Really like hearing the getting-into-smaller-jeans stories that people have. Jeans have always been annoying to buy and the idea of just slipping into a pair is more delicious than anything I can think of:-))). Know I will stick to this so hopefully that’ll happen to me too!

on

Woohoo! Today is a victory as finally lost as much weight as my four year old weighs (2 stone 6 pounds). Not all of that loss has been on BSD as started with slimming world but got stuck in a rut for months. So the last ten pounds has been over the last 2 and a half weeks on this diet. She is heavy! Can’t believe I was carrying that around with me all day every day!
    Onwards and downwards!!
    Epspecially you are right, you can make good choices eating out. There is loads, just avoid the carbs. Any chance you can look at a menu online first. That always helps me. Enjoy it! Xx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

An expression used on here a few times in the early days fits the jeans thing perfectly.
    So once again for those who haven’t seen it before,
    NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SLIM
    πŸ˜€

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Good night out last night – had delicious hake and prawns with an extra serving of brocoli – it’s funny when I added an extra serving it made me feel like I was having some delicious treat (which is nice to feel when you’re out!) and helped avoid the seriously tasty looking roast potatoes. Everything was cooked in butter and oil I suspect but just allowed for that in my calories. I did eat one half of a baby potato, but then quickly realised my willpower wouldn’t be enough and moved them all to my partners plate where they were gobbled! Also did the same with the biscuit that came with my herbal tea – no point in testing willpower too much, easier to just remove temptation and then forget it.
    Have decided to do the same with the 85% dark chocolate at home – I was having one square of every now and again – it’s just better not to have it in the house. One square was ok calories-wise but I want this to work 100%, really want to not be craving sugar at all and will save that for drastic situations rather than every few days I think. I just like it too much. Same with full fat Greek yoghurt – it was handy for adding essential fats but again it’s too addictive and I’m not sure dairy agrees with me anyway, had stomach pains the next day. Seem to be ok with Kefir probably because it uses some of the lactose yet is still tasty. Will put coconut oil and nuts in things if I need extra fat.

Anyway back to night out postmortem :-))) No wine and no dessert yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! Was very happy, and soon I’d say I wont even have to think, it’ll just be normal reaction at a restaurant as I spend more time enjoying chatting to people and less time dying for the desert… Maybe after 8 weeks I could have a few bits of a dessert shared with someone – or maybe I wont even want it then! (doubtful;-)))) but who knows what’s ahead.

Great to hear more success stories from you all this morning. The short and long term ones are lovely to hear.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Doing brilliantly there, Epspecially – it does feel really good to consciously choose not to eat the stuff that will make you feel worse after the short-lived pleasure it may provide.

It’s all a matter of changing your focus I suppose, so more chatting is great. I think the oil and butter is good but I went to Harvester a week ago and almost everything there (that I like) has some sugary based sauce on it. I had a rib-eye which was lush but did have some sweet potato fries. They didn’t seem to affect my blood sugar too much but I still have too much weight to lose and blood sugar to lower permanently to want to eat them too much.

Was the Greek yogurt actual Greek yogurt or greek style. It does make a huge difference. Fage Greek yogurt has all the good stuff in it and tastes lovely.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Catonamission, brilliant weight loss! It does feel good (I imagine) to lose that much. I’ve lost about a stone and am stuck but have added longer fasting periods in the hope that that will shift stuff that isn’t shifting πŸ™‚

I don’t know if clems are any good as citrus fruit tends to be quite high sugar. Grapefruit is given in one of the recipes but I find it affects my blood sugar which is sad as I love them.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Epspecially – speaking as someone who used to read the dessert menu before ordering the main course and again while eating the main course, then eating the dessert, now it really doesn’t bother me. Seriously. On social occasions, I sit and talk while everyone is tucking into their desserts. When I see the desserts they just don’t tempt me at all – I remember how ill all those carbs made me feel.

I think the longer we do this, the more this way of eating becomes a habit. Just hang on in there. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Thanks Captainlynne πŸ™‚ You’re a great pro-healthiness hero and example to have!
    I hope it’ll happen to me too, I must remember that I usually feel sick after eating any of those desserts, even though I think I like them… Of to a good start anyway, and am definitely going to keep it up.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Thanks thePolly. πŸ™‚ Steak sounds tasty!

It’s the real Greek yoghurt as checked ingredients online too – saw the whole debate about the Greekstyle stuff – wow some of them are filled with rubbish, arent they!

Please log in or register to post a reply.