CARB QUERY….CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bal17
    on

Hi to all BSDs and thanks to all who gave valuable advice on getting in more protein….took it on board….eg love having skyr yohgurt with 4g roasted brazil nut, 4g sunflower seeds and 4g chai seeds.
    First 4:weeks lost ONE STONE ! Very very pleased.
    But subsequent weeks the weight drop off has dramatically slowed down. Lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks…
    I have had a few (2-3) blips during the last 3 weeks …the latest one being my son’s birthday meal out on 20th February.
    I have kept up walking most days…if weather is too bad I go on the exercise bike or do steps at home.
    Still I am happy with the weight loss. Very happy to have got to fnal week 8 ! Any downside ? Yes. All my clothes are too BIG for me ! But of course it is a positive downside !
    Thinking of learning how to do alterations as buying new smaller size clothes is really not in my budget. I have a sewing machine so have got it out and altered my first size 10 trousers. ..haven’t been that size for 22 years !
    Have made appointments with the diabetic review nurse and my GP so hoping for good results !
    BUT I HAVE A CARBS QUERY :
    I was looking at my carb intake on my fatsecret app and it has been as high as 70g and I think this is too high ? What should the RDA be for carbs on the BSD 800 ? Does anyone know ?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi bal17 – firstly, well done on the weight loss so far and getting down to size 10 trousers again!
    There is not a specified level of carbs for the BSD 800, but most of us seem to aim at 50g or less. However, if you are losing at 70g then I wouldn’t worry. Having said that, if your weight lose has stalled a bit, pulling the carbs down a bit might help to kick start things again.
    Hope this helps a bit – I’m sure someone else will offer some advise though. Good luck on losing more before the end of your eight weeks.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi bal17

Great result!

Many diabetics on here, including myself, found we needed to drop our carbs to around 25g to get our blood sugars down. Although I’m now maintaining after reaching my target weight I still keep my carbs low. Hope this helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.