Carb cravings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jande9
    on

I did the 800 for 4 months and lost over 30 pounds. I am now trying to settle into a Med style diet but I keep being betrayed by massive carb cravings. I am eating lots of protein, dairy, nuts, mountains of veggies, olive oil etc., but no matter how full I am I don’t feel really satisfied. However, if I have a slice of bread or something sweet I experience an almost drug like feeling of pleasure followed by an irresistible need for more.

I was at an event that featured an enormous selection of pastries, and I made the mistake of having one. That triggered a huge desire that I did not want to fight and I ended up scarfing down at least a thousand calories worth of desserts. Before I started the diet I never really had much of a sweet tooth, normally heading over to the cheese platter after dinner, but now I have to leave the room when the desserts come out because I cannot resist them if they are in front of me.

Anybody else experiencing this?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The only thing you can do if the cravings are as strong as you say is emulate several maintenance posters who stay off the white stuff permanently. I have been able to indulge without massive cravings at times, and at other times have experienced what you describe and going forward will be trying out the ‘carbohydrate addicts diet’ plan of keeping white stuff intake to one meal a day, lasting no longer than an hour. According to the science this should prevent the hyperinsulinemia that causes the cravings to occur.

Please log in or register to post a reply.