Can I do this for 8 weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Hi, I read the BSD book after it appeared on my amazon feed. I read the reviews and couldn’t quite believe the results. I was on an all inclusive holiday at the time, drinking loads of wine and indulging in more food than necessary, plus eating the kids’ unwanted chips, pizza etc. For a few months I’ve felt that my carb cravings were getting out of control and thought it was fine to eat handfuls of sugary cereal at 10/11pm (whilst having a glass of wine).
    I’m 39 years old, was 67kgs and a bmi nudging over 25. So, although considered to be in the ‘healthy’ range -a) I didn’t feel healthy and b) the weight was just creeping and creeping.
    So I thought I’d give it a go for one week only and lost 3kgs on week1! A few headaches but they passed after 3 or 4 days.
    Now I’m totally committed to week2 – hope to carry on until I reach my goal of sub 60kgs.
    Sparky x

• posted by Sparky77
    on

……and just wanted to say that I’ve been reading the forums for the last few days and the posts have kept me motivated – thank you!
    Sx

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Sparky: Congrats on losing 3kgs your first week. I’m sure you will have no problem reaching your goal.

Tomorrow will be my first week weigh-in and the start of my 2nd week. Today after 6 days I’m down 7.4 lbs. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. I’m also committed to do this for 8 weeks to see how far I can come.

• posted by Izzy
    on

you’re almost half way to your goal already!

Can you do this for 8 weeks? if you want to, if you decide to, if you commit to, you CAN.

Or if you are lucky you may get to your goal before then, but try to maintain the good habits long term- the true secret to long term success ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Thank you Izzy and happyitsworking for your support and congratulations to you both on your achievements. I’ve done low carb and tried the 5:2 before without any significant success. People I’ve told about this think I’m mad and think it’s misguided not to do the slow, pound a week weight loss. I disagree, this is working for me and clearly lots of people using this forum.

Just back from a children’s party and for the first time managed to resist the crisps, sandwiches and party rings! An achievement for me!!

Probably the hungriest I’ve been for a while so off to the kitchen to make dinner now and hoping for a motivating weigh in tomorrow.

Sx

• posted by Sparky77
    on

End of week two and the answer to my own question is most definitely YES. And that is after losing only 0.8kg this week after sticking rigidly to plan. Obviously I’d like to have lost more but I’m still lighter than last week and am enjoying all the other benefits, particularly around being in control of those bad carbs I was eating.
    I’ve got a social do tomorrow and when I started I thought, ok well on that day I’ll just have a break, eat/drink what I want. Hmmmm. Yes, I am likely to go over 800 cals and have a couple of glasses, but in a mindful, rather denial, state of mind.
    I also thought I’d do the plan for two weeks or, at a push, long enough to reach my goal (another 3 kgs). But now I’m committed to 8 weeks to see what I can achieve (maybe it’s going to take that long anyway!). It’s only another six weeks after all ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sxx

• posted by Izzy
    on

well done sparky ๐Ÿ™‚ You can definitely do it!

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Thanks Izzy – I’m really happy about how quickly my body has reprogrammed itself. Makes you think doesn’t it!

• posted by Frog
    on

and quarter of the way thorough already Sparky! I think a lot of people have reported really good results in week one with a slow down or plateau in week two – sound like you’re doing really well

• posted by Izzy
    on

I do feel very different about food now Sparky, and I’m ridiculously excited by food but all the right things lol!

My 8 weeks passed really quickly!

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Thanks Frog – despite the small loss have enjoyed getting old dresses out of the wardrobe and doing up the zip! And having room too!

• posted by Izzy
    on

that’s a thing to do as well sparky many members find they stall on the scales but are still losing inches. Measure your body if you haven’t already and use it to keep track as an additional motivator ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Definitely Izzy – I’ve been using a measure from time to time but clothes are a great motivator. I even bought a cheap bikini in asda (haven’t worn one since my 20s probably) as motivation for my august summer hols. We’ll see whether it makes it into the suitcase!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Izzy, that is the soundest advice for anyone who is slimming. Especially if you are upping your exercise. Don’t forget people, muscle is twice as heavy as fat so 1kg of fat double the size of 1kg of muscle, so whilst you might be increasing your lean muscle mass (good!), you will be be getting rid of the horrible stuff!

Please log in or register to post a reply.