Calorie counting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by J G
    on

Can anyone help with tips on counting the calories in food. It’s my first day… I take it I have to weigh and measure everything? Have you bought special scales? I’m ok with roughly what I’m supposed to eat but finding it difficult with amounts. Do you google it?

• posted by Natalie
    on

I think most people used a calorie-counting app, like Myfitnesspal or Fatsecret. I use CalorieKing. You have to weigh everything but then the app tells you how many calories and carbs it has and adds up everything for you as you go. If you don’t like technology, there are books with lists of calorie counts and at least one successful loser here (was it Captainlynne?) just writes everything down. Either way, still have to weigh and measure.

The other option is to use the meal plans in the books and everything is worked out for you so you don’t have to count calories, people have had success doing that as well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.