calorie content

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LisaClifford
    on

Hi, I have been following 800 calories and using the book for guidance for 3 weeks now (12 lb lighter….yipeee), however, I have also been reading posts on a bsd support face book page, and they are all saying that recipies in book are way off with the calorie count and that some recipes add up to 2 or 300 calories more than stated. Can anyone confirm or deny this as im getting bit worried that im eating more than i should be?

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi Lisa, yes, it’s true, some of the recipes are way off with regards to their calorie count. I personally check each ingredient and if the total differs, I write it in the book next to the recipe.

Like you I began by following the suggested menu in the book, but after the first week I found that some of the recipes weren’t to my taste at all, without even taking into account the differing calorie count. I now only use some of the recipes that I really liked, and the rest of the time I cook low carb dishes that I know will fit into the carb and calorie count.

I didn’t know about the Facebook page, so will check it out. I need all the inspiration and support I can get, people keep inviting me out to meals all of a sudden. And not because they’re trying to sabotage my diet, they don’t even know I’m dieting.

You’ve lose weight, so the calorie differences can’t be too bad, but checking them for yourself might help speed things along. Good on you for losing the 12 lbs.

• posted by LisaClifford
    on

Thanks Trisha
    Yes, I too, have been adapting some of the recipes and making up some of my own as I go along so long as they are low carb and practically sugar free. The facebook support group page has been a big help as it get lots of shared meal ideas. Since checking my own calorie counts I was shocked that I was eating quite a few more than i thought, but obviously a lot less than before reading this book, hence the weight loss. Still craving biscuits though!

Please log in or register to post a reply.