Calling all the women on the forum …. International Women's Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Felt that it was appropriate to mark the day in some way, so thought I would share the following quotes:

“The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can Love! What you can accomplish and what your potential is.” ~ Anne Frank

“Beautiful things happen, when you distance yourself from negativity.” ~ unattributed

Does anyone else have something inspirational and positive to share on the significant day? Would love to hear from you.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi ladies, just to say we are all beautiful and it is time we learnt to love ourselves and be kind to each other.

• posted by BfitB470
    on

My all-time favorite quote — “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”. Eleanor Roosevelt

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I read this one on Facebook a little while ago, not sure who said it though
    “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
    And I have a couple of other favourites
    “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” ~ John Lennon
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars” ~ Oscar Wilde.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

You can get anywhere you want in life, if you help enough others get where they want – Zig Ziglar

• posted by Patsy
    on

Happy women’s day!

Wishing you all happiness and a big dose of extra enthusiasm to help you stick to this diet and end up healthier as a result. We can do it.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Happy Women’s Day, everyone.

Loving the quotes. Here is my contribution……….

I rather like this one from Eleanor Roosevelt, and it is oh, so true…………” A woman is like a teabag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”

And of course, we shouldn’t forget Maggie Thatcher’s goodie…………..”If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman”

I also think we should also bear this quote by Bipasha Basu (Indian actress) in mind, as it seems particularly appropriate to us BSDers…………..”I want to tell women that you need to love yourself and make yourself a priority. It’s only when you are happy yourself, that you can you make everyone else around you happy.”

And finally, just a joking unattributed quote which has always amused me……………”If the Three Wise Men had been women, they would have asked directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, brought practical gifts, cleaned the stable, made a casserole, and there would have been peace on earth!”

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Some good quotes there, Theodora, but I really loved the last one – so true!

Thank you everyone who has contributed to this thread today, hope the quotes have given you a boost, inspired you and/or amused you.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just read this post…. thank you all for great quotes and a special thanks to Theodora for summing up how absolutely great we really all are!

We should all be proud to be strong women.

Please log in or register to post a reply.