Buffet Eating

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

I have spent the last few days in a hotel with buffet eating and I have some observations that may just help those faced with wedding, christening or other occasions were you are faced with a buffet.

I have been following this plan, albeit be loosely at times, for the last 12 weeks.

The first thing I noticed were the different ages …. young, middle, older and oldest … of all shapes and sizes. I certainly didn’t feel that my weight was huge in comparison to some, even though I have a lot to lose. I was also aware that people ate vastly different types of food and amounts

Very first meal and we were sat by the dessert table and I have to say it held no interest for me! I think you really do lose your sugar craving after a certain length of time on this plan. On two evenings I had one scoop of mint/dark chocolate icecream and I adored it but one scoop was enough! I felt no guilt or thoughts that ‘I’d blown it so just stuff yourself’! At lunch time I had about 20g of blue cheese and a couple of crackers as my dessert and if was really lovely!

I ignored potatoes, rice, pasta, pizza and bread with no problem. I ate plenty of fish, vegetables and salad with eggs in the morning, hard boiled with lettuce rather than runny yolks that need mopping up with something !

I saw a really large lady having melon, banana and a fruit yogurt for breakfast whilst her partner had bacon and eggs and was satisfied . She, meanwhile ,went on to have a doughnut and two other pastries!!!! I’m convinced that the less carbs you eat the more likely you are to kick the ‘sugar’ habit.

I think there are ways to enjoy a buffet without ‘blowing it’ ….. ignore the really heavy carbs and enjoy the good stuff with a little treat if you need one but above all ENJOY!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Great wisdom there, Verano, while enjoying your holiday. Cheers

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done Verano – I love your guide on how to survive a hotel buffet, wedding or christening.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I went to a funeral recently and the only thing I could eat was quiche, I had three slices and ate the filling with a teaspoon, leaving the pastry.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Mixnmatch! It’s amazing what we can do when we need to.

I forgot to mention the ‘Mindless’ eaters!

There were lots of people ‘wandering’ around the buffet tables, plate in hand, munching away while they decided ‘what’ to eat !

The biggest eye opener was a large open bowl of ‘flubes’ those pink and white marshmallow tubes. People were just mindlessly picking them up and popping them into their mouths! Another, jar of them that needed tongs to get the sweets out, remained largely untouched!!

I guess buffet food is fine as long as you eat ‘Mindfully’ !!

Please log in or register to post a reply.