BSD800 Eating out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theamazingshrinkingwoman
    on

I thought it might be useful to have eating out suggestions in one place.

So whether it’s a chain that has the calories on the menu or just a useful tip for eating out generally please post it here!

My suggestion is the noodle bar chain Pho – you can download their menu and it has masses of nutritional info on it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, well as a general note, when ever and wherever you are eating away from home, avoid the bad carbs and opt for a protein source and veggies/salad. If what you want comes as a set meal/dish which is to be served with potatoes, rice etc., ask that this is not included – it takes the temptation out of the way.

• posted by budgiegirlbob
    on

I’m going to Nando’s for lunch today. They do a lovely Mediterranean salad with chicken for approx 420 cals – I’m looking forward to it !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, from my experience on a cruise – I let them know I had a restricted diet where no carbs were allowed. At first they just brought me the set meal without the carbs but I found I was going hungry so I asked if they could replace them with extra salad or veg. That worked very well although I did get some comments like ‘we do gluten free bread if its wheat’ I had to explain it was all white carbs. Now I did gain 5lbs but that was a combination of a week in Alicante with family a couple of weeks before and then the lead up to the cruise (dinner on ferry – dinner in hotel night before, dinner on ferry returning etc) but I never eat the carbs so just lets put that down to extra calories in wine and mojitos – well I was on holiday.

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

I found out Janie olivers restaurants had all calories listed for every meal and you can have small portions was able to have starter and main

Please log in or register to post a reply.