Bsd start day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nannyc
    on

Hi everyone I am starting the bsd tomorrow and am a bit nervous about it. I am worried about not having bread as I just love my nutty bloomers and will find it hard to give up. I am 72 years old and do have willpower but will need support from you all for the bad days. Looking forward to having your advice and support.

• posted by AnnaGoAnna
    on

Hi NannyC, I’m starting tomorrow also. I know what you mean about bread – ooh I shall miss it but we know we need to avoid the bakers or the bakery section in the supermarket!

Good luck.. keep us posted.

AnnaGoAnna

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I fear to Google nutty bloomers.

• posted by Nannyc
    on

Hello Anna Hope you get off to a good start. I have found today a ok but am wondering how I will cope during the evening which is my bad time. Haven’t had any bread and feeling good even though I keep running to the toilet as I am trying to drink a lot. Keep in touch and we will support each other. I think the forum is brilliant.

• posted by Tyrefighter
    on

To Anna from Tyrefighter. If you stick rigidly to the “no pasta, bread, rice or potatoes” regime you will find it fairly difficult to fit your meals to this but it can be done and it is well worth the effort. I found that I lost ten pounds in the first two weeks but then my rate of loss became much lower so I gave it a rest for a week and then started again with some success.
    Use the Mediterranean diet as set out in Michael’s book, cut out all the snacking, have just one bottle of wine at the weekend, weigh yourself every day.
    Bon Voyage!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

The stunning thing is that in a few weeks you will walk past the bakery section and have no interest. It is really an amazing change.

• posted by AnnaGoAnna
    on

Hi

NannyC, me too. Today hasn’t been too bad but like you the evening is my bugbear! However I’ve been good at clearing out my cupboards in preparation and plan on doing the 30min activity throughout the evening which hopefully will mean that I’m getting up and doing something every 30mins and therefore not time to ‘forget’ and be naughty. Hope you’re evening is OK.

Tyrefighter. I’m really hoping to lose a large amount initially so that it will, I hope, keep me motivated as I’m able to see a change. Definitely weighing myself daily – I’ve got some Withing scales so they also have my BMI recorded as well as weight. It’ll be interesting to see the changes.

JulesMaigret. Oooh, I look forward to that moment! 😉

We can do this! x

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi Annagoanna and Nannyc, I started today too, we’re the 9th Jan club! I’m 44, single parent of 2 kids, work full time, had used 5.2 fasting 3 years ago and lost the stone I needed and kept it off for a couple of years, but the past year I have gained, and although not type 2 or even pre diabetic. I am over 2 stone above a healthy bmi, have been bingeing on carbs for too long and need a short sharp shock to reign things in so I can go back to maintaining with intermittent fasting.

Today was good, but as with 5.2 fast days, I do need to stock up on easy to prepare food. I used to survive my fast days with protein and salad or ready made and filling soups. This WOE is more complex with the protein /fat/sugar restrictions, so I am still trying to find my way and make sure I truly try and eliminate the sugar habit. (although I will never give up alcohol long term, it’s just too much of a pleasure!)

I have just taken my measurements and logged them on myfitnesspal app. I know that for the days when the scales don’t want to be nice, hopefully the tape measure will show results!

Mocnk x

on

Nannyc, you could try dry frying some flaked almonds ( I do whole packets and store in a kilner jar) for when you need that yummy toasted nutty fix x

• posted by AnnaGoAnna
    on

How’s everyone doing?

I had a stinking headache last night but realised that as I’d been buzzing around all day that I’d not drunk enough water – my fault!

The scales were kind to me this morning and showed me an ickle bit more has been lost – hurrah!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hydration is one of my issues. I often get caught up in other things and forget to drink and like you end up with a headache. Each morning, I draw five little cups and five little glasses on our notice board in the kitchen and cross them through, as and when I have a drink. It’ not infallible, but it does serve as a prompt.

Hope the scales continue to be kind.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

SunnyB….what a good idea to do a picture of glasses. I forget how many 500ml jugs I have had. I aim to 3-4 jugs a day .
    Tomorrow I will put a picture of 4 jugs on my fridge, Thank you.

on

Hi all. Is anyone else weighing daily? I have weighed each day and lost 7 pounds in 3 days (I would.say I had 38 pounds to lose to get to 10.5 stone. Sorry, don’t know kg very well!

Starting weight 13 3. So I am thrilled, and my appetite massively reduced already, although I am still craving biscuits and chocolate.

I might make some of the brownies from the recipe book this weekend, not to eat yet, but as a backup for a bad day when I feel like I might cave!

Love to hear all your targets and losses?

Mocnk x

• posted by AnnaGoAnna
    on

Hi All,

How’s everyone getting on? I’m delighted to report that there’s no sign of the headaches anymore – whoohooo!! I had a difficult weekend as staying in a hotel and evening party followed by a lunch party BUT I managed to only have one glass of wine and avoid the many bread/cheese/garlic bread type bits that were on the buffet and Sunday starters… I even resisted the full English breakfast, Yorkshire puds and roast potatoes (virtuous eh?).

I’ve lost only about 5kgs but my shape is changing and I’m feeling more energised. Am doing more walks but restricted by my damaged ankles to do anything too strenuous but pleased that I’m doing way more than I did before this BSD so all good.

Enough about me… what about everyone else? How’re you finding it?

AnnaGoAnna

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Full English breakfast is surprisingly BSD friendly, if I am at a hotel I usually choose it, without toast/hash browns of course.

• posted by AnnaGoAnna
    on

Hi Mixnmatch… hehe, yes I spotted it in the recipe book when I got home. I usually can’t resist the lure of bacon, sausages and black pudding so surprised myself! BUT next time…. 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.